• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broke Fast Jacket Switch Lock Mechanism, How To Repair Or Get Replacment Parts

grikenron

Oakley Beginner
First let me say this is my fault not a warranty issue and I am not here to trash talk Oakley. I have owned my Fast Jacket glasses only for a few months and didn't follow the instructions on how to replace lens so I broke the switch locks. Now I want to try and replace the locks, they come out of the frame by just pushing a pin out and then getting a new lock and just pushing the pin back in. My problem is I can't find them anywhere and according to customer service they don't do repairs or send out these parts. I am willing to pay for either. I will say the lock itself is heavy steel on the frame. I have to say the weak link is this tiny piece of plastic that long term would not hold up even if you did things correctly, this is what I broke. Any help would be appreicated, anything else would not.

Grikenron did you find a solution to this problem. I have had my fj's for about two years now and this has just happened to me. You are correct when you state that the mechanisim hinge(plastic) is the part that will fail on these glasses. This is what happened to me. I have in no way abused these glasses either! I must say at a 398$ price for these things new when they came out, I am a little disappointed in this problem. If anyone can help I would be very great full!

Latest Posts

Back