• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken, Destroyed, Scratched, Fabrication Defects ...

• Thread starter marc2040
  • Start date
M

marc2040

Show us your pictures of broken arms and orbitals, complete destroyed sunglasses, scratched lenses, fabrication defects ...
Tell us what happened.

Here you can see a very good example. This is the inner surface of a Romeo 2 lens:

ihimtdkt.png

M Frame Heater lens, forming cracks at the frame hooks. I've got 3 lenses with various stages of cracks here.
IMG_1059.jpg

M Frame lens with thrashed iridium inside the frame. Comes from not cleaning and grit, sweat, grime building up.
IMG_1055.jpg

Scraped icon. Came on a used pair, no idea if they were dragged over something or if it's a defect, but the FMJ is perfect right next to it.
2012-08-30165918.jpg

Destroyed lenses. This pair was a surplus return from Iraq. Both lenses were completely scratched beyond use.
2012-06-04163442.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

Batwolf that I had a bright idea to try a mod that didn't turn out too well. Frame was scrapped, saved the lenses and icons.
IMG_0879.jpg

Set of XX that belonged to a friend. Too many years getting tossed around in pockets, cars, etc without so much as a bag to protect them. Same guy bought a new set of SJII and had a half dozen scratched on them inside of a month.
2012-01-11212344.jpg

Next one.
Today I have received a Splice Chrystal Black - FMJ+ / Ice.
I've asked the seller several times about the condition and he said no scratches at all, no nothing ... bla bla
OK, it was a bargain, just $ 75 (incl. box, papers, microbag, shipped) and the frame and rubbers are in very good condition, but have a look at the right lens:

Last edited by a moderator:
Update Splice:
I'm a lucky bastard. Paid only $ 52.- for that pair.
Now it comes. While checking ebay I've found two pairs of new New Straight Jacket lenses, ice and black iridium.
I knew they can be a donor for the Splice.
Two emails later both sets are mine. Just $ 78 incl. shipping.
I have a bad conscience.

Latest Posts

Back