• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken Eye Jacket Worth Buying???

350nick

Oakley Expert
I've got my eye on a pair of eye jackets which are currently going very cheap. They are advertised as

just Oakley sunglasses but from the photos (which aren't great) they look like gen 1 eye jackets and I

think they are FMJ model 5.56 possibly which I really like.

The only problem is that one if the orbitals has a break in it. This looks like quite a clean break though.

I was just wondering if these are worthwhile buying if really cheap as a repair job?

I really like this colour in the eye jacket so am quite tempted but are they just worthless if cracked?

I would buy them for the other parts, but that's just me. I have yet to see a repair job on an orbital that looked good or lasted. Some fakes of these floating around as well.

They were £1 but seems to be a bit of interest in them and now nearer £10 which is less tempting.

May give them a miss. Will def keep a look out for some FMJ though, really like that finish.

Am I allowed to post link on here?

I reckon a repair job would be pretty easy..

Got to be worth £15ish.

If they do not have a bag, you have to ask yourself... Have they been cleaned with a T-Shirt< which is often the case. They could look mint, but put them on in direct sunlight and you get annoying trails from micro scratches. :(

I wont bid, don't worry.. :)

Eye Jackets where probably the most popular Oakleys throughout mid to late nineties in the UK?

They remind me of that pre 2000, Alien look.. Sort of X Files :)

I'll see what they're going for at end. Don't want to spend too much at moment.

Feel free to bid if you want them!

Back