• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken Mars orbitals

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
I have an opportunity to buy some broken craters. The orbitals are broken. The part that slips into the nose bridge looks like it broke off clean. I know there's no way to fix it but there are several like this, some left broken, some right. I figure i can buy one of each and try to swap parts and get a complete set and some leftover spare parts. Each set is complete with box and coin.

What I'm curious about is what to pay for each set. I've only seen the parts and haven't talked price yet. Any input would be appreciated.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Also. The seller is willing to part out pretty much anything. So prices on just pieces are also helpful.

@THE X-MAN you may have some good insight on this.

Since your chances of finding the right parts needed to MPH those back together are really dang slim, I wouldn't pay any more than chump change, say $50 tops.

Sure that's a big drop in value, but they're really just scrap now and should be priced accordingly.

Just offered 200 for one full set and opposite side broken frame. Won't sell even one full set for 200. He says he can sell the lenses for 125 and the box for 100 then the frames for whatever.

He has eleven total sets and sees dollar signs.

Id pay 100.00 for the box and coin.if it were me id find a guy who can weld Ti and have a nice set.im guessin the tab is still in the bridge?

How does that even happen? What ever happened to "there is no way that frame is going to break, we've driven over it with a tank"?

Maybe these were the factory QC rejects? I imagine they'd never get boxed if that was the case.

Maybe someone went all "Here lemme show ya how bad ass these are. Snap!"

I have no idea how much force needs to be exerted to snap xmetal frames, but that has to be one of the weakest points of the entire thing.

The orbital was the other weak point I was thinking about.

It's happened a number of times; x-metals breaking, usually at the flex couple tab; seems to be a weak point.

They're dang hardy but anybody who thinks they're literally indestructible is fooling themselves... Nothing's indestructible, including us...:oops: