• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken Mars orbitals

I'm just kind of freaked out now about wearing my Mars. They are BNIB, and I have a larger head. I dont think I could stand it if i snapped them. How feasible would it be to get them welded back together?

I'm just kind of freaked out now about wearing my Mars. They are BNIB, and I have a larger head. I dont think I could stand it if i snapped them. How feasible would it be to get them welded back together?
Someone tried a while back and I think the people he had doing it weren't able to because they didn't know the composition of the titanium alloy. I've seen some great laser welds on watch cases (though I'll always prefer original), but typically those aren't stressed in the same way as some of the components in x-metals.

Though Mars may be tighter than other x-metals I don't think that alone makes them prone to snapping. The tab is the weak point, but it is so on all x-metals with flex couplers, and it still takes a serious snafu to snap them, not just normal wear...