• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken Mars - what are the odds

If someone has a broken frame I can take it to the shop at work and see if it can be brazed. Clean right at the tab it going to be tough. Cleaning up the weld enough to get the nose bridge back on will be even tougher. Getting penetration deep enough to take out the laid/filleted bead after would likely melt the frame.

Sorry, my post was a bit confusing. I meant weld the broken flex coupler. I just used the other bit as reason why i thought it could be done, not to actually do it. Like you, i feel this would not be particularly comfortable/practical.
Ah, that makes more sense! I kept thinking about that Penny that somebody welded. No way that would fit on my face, lol. Seems like a tricky thing to fix... I emailed the seller, he wasn't willing to give me any $220 deal so @SiRacer420 you may have wanted to take that deal when he offered, haha. He wanted like $360 which is too much for me...

Ah, that makes more sense! I kept thinking about that Penny that somebody welded. No way that would fit on my face, lol. Seems like a tricky thing to fix... I emailed the seller, he wasn't willing to give me any $220 deal so @SiRacer420 you may have wanted to take that deal when he offered, haha. He wanted like $360 which is too much for me...

360 for two broken pairs?!? He must have the lenses included. If anyone really wants it, I can see if he will still sell them to me for that. You'll end up with one pair of lensless and one pair with two broken tabs.

360 for two broken pairs?!? He must have the lenses included. If anyone really wants it, I can see if he will still sell them to me for that. You'll end up with one pair of lensless and one pair with two broken tabs.
Eh, I think I'll pass. I was very clear it was just the 2 pairs (with ear stems-those aren't included in that listing). The lenses and a box were $160, haha. He clearly means to get cash for every spare piece!

As I said in the other thread about these, way too overpriced for scrap.

Either he'll hang on to them long enough for some sucker to come along or he'll eventually realize he needs to adjust his pricing.

Sold for damn near 200. Ruby lenses and a pair of arms and a matching box. Not too bad I guess. Still too much for me

You see you are all missing the cunning plan for these. Stick a couple of earing hooks on the orbs and voila! Oakley Jewelry which you can sell as bling for $$$$ and still have the spare stems/lenses and a box :lol::lolsign:

Latest Posts

Back