1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jammez

Jammez Oakley Beginner

Hi Folks

New to the board (Lovin it so far, so much info on here about my favorite sunglasses) I have a pair of emerald lens splice glasses which I stupidly stepped on & snapped the frame right across the bridge. I got in touch with Oakley as I've found them really helpful in the past when it comes to repairs but they were unable to help as they no longer keep spares for the model (they did offer a 50% discount off any glasses in the current range though) I love the glasses as they're perfect for skiing & cycling so I've been scouring ebay to find a pair I can use to repair them. I've just managed to get a pair of black & bronze framed ones for a really good price & I'm now reluctant to use them to repair my original pair as they so good too!

Looking at some of the custom work on the forum I'm now tempted to try & repair the frame & repaint it. Before I do this does anyone know if there's anyway I can get a replacement black top section of the frame or does anyone have anything lying around for sale?

PS Looking on the forum really makes me wish I could find my original orange iridium blades! Where the hell did I put them!
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

welcome to the forum! check with dr chop he may be able to help you out with paint at least
  3. Pjam23

Pjam23 Oakley Collector

I second the suggestion my friend qban offered you, by the way welcome
  4. GSP_87

GSP_87 Oakley Beginner

I've also had broken frame parts and paid to have replacement stems sent to me, that were the same material as the ones that broke. It would be nice if they could use a 3D printer to print replacement parts on demand using polycarbonate. They should already have the 3D models to do it, so it's not like the old parts need to be scanned first.