• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Broken Oakley Splice

Jammez

Oakley Beginner
Hi Folks

New to the board (Lovin it so far, so much info on here about my favorite sunglasses) I have a pair of emerald lens splice glasses which I stupidly stepped on & snapped the frame right across the bridge. I got in touch with Oakley as I've found them really helpful in the past when it comes to repairs but they were unable to help as they no longer keep spares for the model (they did offer a 50% discount off any glasses in the current range though) I love the glasses as they're perfect for skiing & cycling so I've been scouring ebay to find a pair I can use to repair them. I've just managed to get a pair of black & bronze framed ones for a really good price & I'm now reluctant to use them to repair my original pair as they so good too!

Looking at some of the custom work on the forum I'm now tempted to try & repair the frame & repaint it. Before I do this does anyone know if there's anyway I can get a replacement black top section of the frame or does anyone have anything lying around for sale?

Cheers

James

PS Looking on the forum really makes me wish I could find my original orange iridium blades! Where the hell did I put them!

I've also had broken frame parts and paid to have replacement stems sent to me, that were the same material as the ones that broke. It would be nice if they could use a 3D printer to print replacement parts on demand using polycarbonate. They should already have the 3D models to do it, so it's not like the old parts need to be scanned first.

Back