• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Brown Juliet Question

dallious

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Arizona
Like to know the history on this pair, like when were they discontinued , how many Gens did they make and if they were all serialized . thanks for any help

They were serialized. I just picked up a pair. From my understanding the number stops in the neighborhood of 500. I really don't know when they were discontinued. Only made for a very short time, not sure how long ago. They look very similar to carbon black from a distance.

I really wanted one bad too. That's the reason I picked these up (obviously). But for me I think there's way more hype in these than is really necessary. I'm not saying I don't absolutely love them but their barely different than my carbon black polar pair. The only highly noticeable difference is the VR28 non polar lenses. From 5 feet you couldn't tell them apart. I think that's maybe why oakley discontinued them.

i personally think the reason collectors want the brown juliet, would simply be the scarcity of the particular model. it is a different colored frame altogether, not a carbon with oo blue (ichiro) or polished with slate (ichiro also). like the (much) smaller cousin of the purple juliet...

Like to know the history on this pair, like when were they discontinued , how many Gens did they make and if they were all serialized . thanks for any help

Juliet - Brown - VR28 Black 04-129 was produced in the later part of 2004 but withdrawn almost immediately due to concerns Oakley had about the frame. There is only one generation and all pairs had a serial number, and although the number matches the box (all of which seem to have the 'text only' bar-code label) it is the case that a number of privately sold pairs do not have the packaging. For some time it was hailed as the 'Holy Grail' of production X Metals, and around the period of 2007/08 pairs were changing hands for up to $2000, however, examples offered since have seen the value and demand reduce by some margin. In the UK it appeared on the SSP lists from August 04 until January 05 as an item due to become available, but it was deleted resulting in no stock being received.

Last edited:
Juliet - Brown - VR28 Black 04-129 was produced in the later part of 2004 but withdrawn almost immediately due to concerns Oakley had about the frame. There is only one generation and all pairs had a serial number, and although the number matches the box (all of which seem to have the 'text only' bar-code label) it is the case that a number of privately sold pairs do not have the packaging. For some time it was hailed as the 'Holy Grail' of production X Metals, and around the period of 2007/08 pairs were changing hands for up to $2000, however, examples offered since have seen the value and demand reduce by some margin. In the UK it appeared on the SSP lists from August 04 until January 05 as an item due to become available, but it was deleted prior to any stock being received.
I love it!! There's a ton of info I wasn't aware of. Really, up to $2k? That's absolutely insane. RVF, do you happen to know what oakleys concern was with the frame? Also, what do you think a pristine pair without box is worth today?

But for me I think there's way more hype in these than is really necessary. I'm not saying I don't absolutely love them but their barely different than my carbon black polar pair. The only highly noticeable difference is the VR28 non polar lenses. From 5 feet you couldn't tell them apart. I think that's maybe why oakley discontinued them.
I felt exactly the same way that you do when I received my pair. I even posted those thoughts here on this forum.
However, as time has passed I find myself enjoying these more and more.
The brown frame finish is very subtle and the VR28's bring this out a little. What you wear will bring the brown out even more if you wear "earth" colors.
I like the Finito in the original carbon finish (not like the later more glossy carbon finish) just the way it is.
For the JBR there are so few of them out there that no one has to worry about someone forcing a pair down someone else's throat nor have concern about recouping acquisition cost at sale time.
A pristine pair with box would probably fetch $550-600 in today's market and non-boxed $450-500 IMO.

Latest Posts

Back