• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Built A Watch Stand...

So, I have one of qtrain23's watch stands. It is a great stand, until I started modifying it. It was designed to be used, not cut up. I can still use this stand for a lighter watch.

So I needed to find another way to display my minute machine.

Picked up a piece of 1/8 x 3/4 aluminum flat bar. With a piece of wood and a round shelf pole, I was able to bend the wrist piece nicely.

I took a piece of 2x2 square tube scrap, and cut the "C" channel out of that.

Measured everything about ten times, drilled a few holes and bolted it to a card holder.

Sanded this damn thing a lot, then some more. Then hit it with 00 steel wool. Painted the ellipse red and buffed off the excess.

Not much skill required, just a lot of patience and time to measure and sand.

IMG_0300copy_zpsdac94791.jpg

IMG_0301copy_zpsd44d780b.jpg

Last edited:
That is absolutely one of the best watch stands I have seen. Beats any of the factory ones , even the new ones, hands down. I am definitely up for one as soon as I get a MM.

WOW!!!!!! NICE JOB!!!!!!!! Just throwing this out to maybe help a bit, how about a little rubber coating spray on the wrist part so it doesn't scratch up the inside of the band???

I have some vulcanized rubber wrap I can put over the wrist strap. I put it on, but it didn't look as snazzy.
Plus I am wondering if polished aluminum will scratch titanium? I would think the stand may get scratched by the watch, but the watch shouldn't get scratched by the stand...

I have some vulcanized rubber wrap I can put over the wrist strap. I put it on, but it didn't look as snazzy.
Plus I am wondering if polished aluminum will scratch titanium? I would think the stand may get scratched by the watch, but the watch shouldn't get scratched by the stand...

I never thought about that.....

Back