• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Built A Watch Stand...

Very crafty! I just got a new 3D printer in my classroom. I was thinking of printing out a couple Oakley Stands. No way they can withstand the weight of some of those watches though haha. Very cool! Thanks for sharing :)
Sure they can.

Maybe I'll design one. Do you happen to still have those CAD files qtrain? My school does not have any AutoDesk software unfotunately, but if you were able to save your files as STL files I could try printing one of those sunglass stands :). If they are SketchUp files, that would be wonderful! Hmm......

Very innovative! That is a great idea...I have a few card holders sitting around not doing anything. I wonder if a threaded rivet would meld in nicely.

I was thinking along the lines of the solid rivets like on the front of the display cases. Thread one the with the right head size and snug it down with some Locktite. Just a thought...

how about countersinking the holes and using flathead screws and tapping the other portion to smooth it out? Just a thought. I have a ton of blocks if people or you need them Cooker. As for the printed stands, Q's stand is holding up to my gearbox, warrant, and holeshot without a flinch. It held the Tank I Cerakoated no sweat too. Cooker is onto something pretty cool here:dance2:

Back