• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bunker Happy ... mostly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets play Devils Advocate for a moment:

I have purchased 3 Bunkers myself and have paid more than the MSRP ($150.00) for ea. of them. I don't have the availability in my area so I have to rely on other that are willing to help out. I truly appreciate those that are willing to help and compensation for their time is what I can offer. There are only 500 of these Bunkers to be had so supply (very low) and demand (very high) will dictate the market price and it's your decision to pay the asking price that is being driven higher due to collectibility. There are many many limited pieces out there that I'd like to add to my collection but are just out of my price conscious price range so I decide not to purchase those items. I want both 24K Juliet and 24K XS but there is no one selling them at a fair marked up price and there are 250 of ea. of those than the Bunkers........IF anyone has either they would like to sell at cost to help out this collector please PM me my inbox is clear :)

(This post is not directed at anyone so please don't take any offense, it's just to point out the unfortunate side of being a collector of very limited things)

There is actually 700 or 750 of the 24k's made, and it's because of one douch on eBay listing it at 3000 everybody decided to sell for that.which I don't think any sold for that price .

So you should be compisated for doing favors? Selling for 260 is fine, but not on here, you should have gone and scalped it on eBay. I'm sorry if that offends, but you were after making a profit off of members here. You should be pointed out!
The crazy part is that it is in the rules to not do exactly what is going on

8) No Scalping - If you are buying the new products coming out at this time, waiting until they are sold out, and simply attempting to SCALP other members on this forum, that behavior will NOT BE TOLERATED on the forum. If you are doing this, please STOP! It is wrong to simply buy limited edition items, to sell them for profit after they are sold out. If we see this behavior we will contact you and ask you to stop. If this behavior continues, you may be banned.

Read more: Please Read Before Posting In The X Metal Exchange Section | Oakley Forum

But the rules it seems are not being enforced, as such, they aren't really rules. There is no point in complaining about the practice as it is clearly tolerated.

So you should be compisated for doing favors? Selling for 260 is fine, but not on here, you should have gone and scalped it on eBay. I'm sorry if that offends, but you were after making a profit off of members here. You should be pointed out!
You know it's funny cause you are one that always seems to call people out. You don't know anything about how or what I did to get these. As I said I did help members out. They know who they are.

It also is disrespectful to do it out in the open Forum. You are who you are and you have to live with that. I personally would not do it. I manage people at my job and if I have a problem with someone I call them into my office and not do it in front of others.

There is actually 700 or 750 of the 24k's made, and it's because of one douch on eBay listing it at 3000 everybody decided to sell for that.which I don't think any sold for that price .
True that but I'm sure there is not one member here that has either 24K that would sell for less than 3X the $450..00 MSRP price.

What do you say about the bottle openers?? They are FREE. Members are selling those on here.

Everybody is like talking about the bunkers how about the biners? Those are sold out as well and limiteds in quantity i think in the long run those will fetch more than the bunkers IMO. Its just that theyre 300 bucks qnd pricet thqt 2hy nobodys paying attention to them..

I thought this thread was to air out intolerance of this behavior without calling forum members out. If any forum members volunteers any info to the contrary... well thats a different story.

What about the bottle openers that are FREE. Now I understand you have to spend money to get them but they are still FREE. Now I see a lot of them for sale on here. At any price that is more than what they paid for them which was nothing. Now I sold some bunkers for $260 even some less and some more. I did have time along with my niece to pick these up. We went to 4 different stores and did have to go as soon as they came in to get them. They would not hold them. I kicked her down some money for gas and helping out. I could have sold all of them on e-bay and made more. I chose to offer them on here and even told members in my listing as to why I was asking the price listed.
I have helped a lot of members on here, hell even on my vacation in Hawaii I posted pictures of bags I bought and with-in 10 min. I must have had 10 PM's asking me to get them some of these bags. I went out of my way back to the store to get these for people that had asked. Same thing when I was in Vegas. I posted pictures of the new Vegas bags. I must have gotten 20 PM's on that. Same deal I went back to get them for members.
Both times made a couple of dollars for my time.
Who is to say what is too much for any certain item?? I see glasses on here all the time double to triple what they cost. Are we going to start calling them out for over pricing??
What about custom glasses that people are doing? How do you put a cost or price tag on those? It is someones time to do them.
I agree there is a line not to cross since we are all collectors. But where is it and who is to say where that lies. Do we say NO mark up over 20% of what the item cost.
Who is to say what one person has involved in getting items. It is easy for someone to say it only cost this?? They may not know what it took to get that item.
I do my best to help out when I can. I have been helped out a number of times from members.
I just think calling out people when they have something listed is really disrespectful. That is my opinion. Do it thru a PM or thru a Forum moderator.
Again my opinion.

Hey, if you read my previous posts regarding your listings specifically, they are largely in support of your deeds, not against.

You make an excellent point about the premiums of ALL X-metals in general. If this were truly a "community", all X-metals "should" be passed along to fellow members at the exact cost basis of the seller correct? That would be a great world to live in :)

The problem (and difference to an extent) with X-metals is those are long gone (discontinued). Most members (myself especially) got into the game WAAAAAY late and bought their pieces at a "fair price", but still a premium above true retail. So if/when it comes time to sell for whatever reason, any reasonable person would like to recoup what they put in.

However, the aforementioned RARELY happens from my observations on the forum. I really doubt most of the X-metals moved in the exchange were truly moved at original cost basis. EVERY seller (myself included) will sell the pieces (depending on rarity) based off of FMV...which is usually more or less the passed on savings from the ebay/paypal fees.

Anyone who denies this is full of it. But hey, sure, there are some exceptions in which people did truly move them at cost or even took a hit, but that rarely happens and I'll call it as that.

Back to my point, the bunkers are STILL available in stores, albeit very difficult to obtain because they get snatched up quickly. So generally marking up a premium on the forum for these bunkers just isn't a cool thing to do.

David

Everybody is like talking about the bunkers how about the biners? Those are sold out as well and limiteds in quantity i think in the long run those will fetch more than the bunkers IMO. Its just that theyre 300 bucks qnd pricet thqt 2hy nobodys paying attention to them..
Carabiners aren't sold out.....yet. ;)

Those are still available in my area. No one's buying them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back