• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Burned Juliets

leave 'em as they are, add a new rubber kit and advertise them as 'rust decay' - gotta be worth $600 at least!!

Not a bad idea actually, they do look pretty cool as is. Drop in some Fire Iridium lenses and you have the first and only (1 of 1) LIMITED EDITION FALL OUT JULIET.

I agree. They can come out being the XMetal version of that new "rust decay" styled special editions fuel cell the O is selling for like $650-$700. Only these babies will be the real deal! Stick some ruby iridium or fire iridium lenses in them and bam! You just 1-upped the big O!!!

Some lady hit me up from my website and asked if they should be thrown away......"hell no" I said, I can make those new again, providing the orbs arent warped.the molecular structure shouldnt change much on the Ti because the melting point on titanium is 3035 deg and there aint no house fire that burns at that tempature and even if it does and completely anneals itself its not a structural component in an aircraft or buliding so thats not an issue.i havent gotten them in my hands yet but this will be a great photo op for me and my services , kinda excited.

Do you know there original specs? Were they polished/plasma/carbon etc??? Are you going to attempt to restore to original or do a custom 1off???

You guys may have an idea..........new rubber and screws, straighten them out and keep the finish.....we shall call them torched I-02
maybe ill make this a community project, everyone has input and we do these togeather.one step at a time.this way each step of a restoration process.

You guys may have an idea..........new rubber and screws, straighten them out and keep the finish.....we shall call them torched I-02
maybe ill make this a community project, everyone has input and we do these togeather.one step at a time.this way each step of a restoration process.
Im a big fan of the 'Fallout' Juliet idea!

Like you said as long as the frame is solid, made the lightest media blasting ever to smooth is out but hopefully it'll keep its new colour ... root beer rubbers and ruby lenses? If you're brave enough, find a Xmetal Vault and torch it ... try and emulate the Juliet finish and make it one off deal with a custom frame or lens etch?

I, too, first thought "fallout" but figured I'd hold my tongue since you seemed to already have plans for them, maybe were already started. The "fallout" certainly looks cool but doesn't give as much of a chance to show off your skills...

I'm just wondering what sort of odors they're putting off, with their rubbers and lenses melted, etc. If you can get them not to stink and then maybe work them a little bit to refine and preserve the fallout look, maybe that'd be a nice middleground. Just my .02.

Back