1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TheDutchman92

TheDutchman92 Oakley Enthusiast

I purchased some empty Monster Dog frames (polished black, without even the microbag) from an aussie seller for $95 AUD including postage (a little steep I know but I had an extra set of lenses). Anyway he assured me that the frames were as good as new and he considered buying lenses and selling them as a whole pair. The package arrived today and there scratches and marks all over the frames :mad:. I knew my eBay luck wouldn't last but you live and you learn, I have decided not to dispute it and instead use these scuffed Dog's as my running sunnies since it won't matter if I drop them. Could also be a guinea pig for the water transfer project I guess. Just goes to show even a 100% rating does not mean you will get what you paid for. End Rant

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

I would mail the seller and request a partial refund. Threaten to open a PayPal dispute (which most of the time go in the buyer's favour) You never know, they may give you a bit of a refund. Worth a shot since you're just going to keep them anyway

3. TheDutchman92

That's a good idea, the eBay dispute is always in my mind but I completely forgot about a seperate paypal dispute, cheers Mickle

4. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

Yep. You gotta open up a dialog Dutch otherwise they get away with it.

5. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

I totally agree.
    Plus, after the partial refund I would leave at least a Neutral feedback explaining the situation.

Otherwise the seller will never learn, and keep on getting away with an unblemished 100% rating when he is actually a poor seller.

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yup! and if youre going to water transfer them, you can sand it back lightly so the new finish after transfer comes up perfect!

7. TheDutchman92

Dispute lodged, time for PayPal to work it's magic

8. TheDutchman92

Refund was approved, consumer 1 seller 0

9. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

That was fast!! Glad I could help! :smile:

10. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

& did you have to send the glasses back Dutch?