• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Burnt by Scam PayPal Loophole - Don't get caught out!! Learn from my mistake!!!

what I dont get is , if its a face to face why use Paypal at all.
I always tell them to bring cash
That seems to weed out the scammers
When I went to buy my cases I met in person to pick them up. I was also paying in person and did not feel fomfortable carrying that large amount of cash on me. So I paued with Paypal infront of the individual and showing the completed transaction.

Yeah life sucks somtimes scammers are every where! I offer someone 700 cash for a item he agrees to meet in person 2 days later item is Listed on eBay for 500 buy it now .wtf am I missing other then item is fake.

When I went to buy my cases I met in person to pick them up. I was also paying in person and did not feel fomfortable carrying that large amount of cash on me. So I paued with Paypal infront of the individual and showing the completed transaction.
I also dont carry a large amount of cash to a buy
I use Cashier checks. If cash is a large amount.

I guess to each his own.

I guess to each his own.

I guess to each his own.
I work for a bank and would never take cashier check for payment upfront . To many scams with them too. Cash is king with me. I have seen wa To man cashiers checks money orders and regular checks be fraud over the years

Back