1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. fspilot1971

fspilot1971 Oakley Beginner

Last Tuesday I took a nasty spill off my mountain bike, face first. My Oakley Splice saved my eye, but they were pretty banged up. So after ordering new lenses on eBay and finding this forum I took a crack at fixing them Busted Splice - 2015-06-30 20.23.26.jpg Busted Splice - 2015-06-30 19.47.33.jpg Busted Splice - 2015-07-01 14.34.07.jpg Busted Splice - 2015-07-01 15.17.23.jpg Busted Splice - 2015-07-06 09.53.33.jpg

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. That's quite the head wound. Looks like you were able to get that frame looking like nothing ever happened too, good work.

motoGP_fanatic and fspilot1971 like this.
  3. fspilot1971

I used 4 different types of sand paper and Brasso. I wish I could have found the original tint lenses it came with though.

4. Lexkempo

Lexkempo Frog Fanatic

Looks good!

5. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Agreed.....

Damn.....Looks like you hit the ground really hard....but also kinda looks like the splice did that to your eyebrow too. Ouch.

6. fspilot1971

LOL... it looks worse than it feels, The splice did do that to my eyebrows, but at the same time they spared my eye from hitting the pavement.

7. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

I have a pair of ice lenses for those if you still need. Also have emerald and the Juan Pablo Montoya Sig lens as well...Looks like you saved em at least, but damn that's a gash..no fun there. glad you are okay though

8. fspilot1971

I wouldn't mind having extra lenses.... how much would you want for them?

Thank You..... It looks worse than it feels, that's the picture after I was cleaned up, you should have seen the one when I walked through the door...LOL

9. Dennis Panlilio

Dennis Panlilio Oakley Expert Premium Member

Good to see you are okay. That is a nasty cut! Awesome job on restoring your Splice back to life. It would also make sense to search for extra ears socks and nose bombs for them to future proof your favorite pair. Those are already hard to come by.

fspilot1971 and motoGP_fanatic like this.
  10. washi me sensie

washi me sensie The Oakley R┼Źnin

And oakley saves the day once again!