• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Experience (UK from US)

DSJ

Oakley Expert
Hi All,

Just trying to get a view on how easy people have found buying Oakley from US locations and shipping into the UK - are there horror stories of things getting stuck in customs and then high fees to release or are things much simpler than that...

Read some other sites and its a mixed bag of opinion but that was not specific to Oakley / Sunglasses (no that things may be that much different).

If anyone has any good / bad stories then please share!

Thanks,

DSJ

Mostly easy, but avoid FedEx, UPS and the eBay Global Shipping Programme if possible, those will always add customs fees. USPS can sometimes incur customs charges too but quite often don't.

eBay GSP has too many links in the chain; up to 2 postal services in the US, a receiving house and a courier here. And the dodgiest of the lot even. I had aBNIB IH Juliet go missing on the UK leg - I still think they were stolen.

Generally though, my experience has been good. Mentally factor in 20-25% Customs fees and they won't come as a surprise.

US - UK is generally no problem. Canada to UK however, usually ends with customs/vat charges. (in my experience).

Hey - thanks for the information...i may have to give one of my purchases a go via USPS and see what happens!!

Hmmmmm us to uk sky high shipping charges too much. I had some experience and transactions shipping from us to uk charge is too much.

Latest Posts

Back