• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Items For Trade Bait

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
What is everyone's opinion on this subject? Whether it be just a straight trade or selling something to buy what you want. I am in no way suggesting a scalping situation, just wondering what people's thoughts are

I don't really see the problem with it, as long as you and the potential trader are happy with the terms you make.

I agree with Batwolf in principle. It has to be to trade though, not sell. A recent episode where a member bought up 10 of the Skatedecks 'to help ensure other members got them', and then preceded to charge $50 more than retail, is not acceptable.

I agree with Batwolf in principle. It has to be to trade though, not sell. A recent episode where a member bought up 10 of the Skatedecks 'to help ensure other members got them', and then preceded to charge $50 more than retail, is not acceptable.

labor is a commodity, it has value

The way I see it if ur getting something someone on here will want its great as long as you dont try to rip off your fellow o fam.

No I don't see the fairness is raising the price for whatever the reason may be. I would only sell if I couldn't get the trade I wanted and even then wouldn't add any amount for me to make a profit. Everyone has been accepted into this community for who they are and the common interests we all have, I don't see the point in breaking that sense of family.

No I don't see the fairness is raising the price for whatever the reason may be. I would only sell if I couldn't get the trade I wanted and even then wouldn't add any amount for me to make a profit. Everyone has been accepted into this community for who they are and the common interests we all have, I don't see the point in breaking that sense of family.

a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow or worth less than tomorrow. a calculated risk for a free trade is fair. thats my opinion, but seems youve made your decision.

a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow or worth less than tomorrow. a calculated risk for a free trade is fair. thats my opinion, but seems youve made your decision.
I'm not sure I quite understand what you are trying to say but what I'm getting at is - if I was to sell it wouldn't be to make any kind of profit- it would be to sell to someone who wanted it and then possibly allow me to get what I want

i just give you the reason your asking. A dollar today is worth less/more than a dollar tomorrow. its about ethics and logic. thats why its free trade. mutual gains on both sides. is it logical to lose some money because you follow your ethics standard to sell to your fellow OF? you made your decision on profit, how about the risk and losing(capital)?

Back