1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

What is everyone's opinion on this subject? Whether it be just a straight trade or selling something to buy what you want. I am in no way suggesting a scalping situation, just wondering what people's thoughts are

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I don't really see the problem with it, as long as you and the potential trader are happy with the terms you make.

3. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

I agree with Batwolf in principle. It has to be to trade though, not sell. A recent episode where a member bought up 10 of the Skatedecks 'to help ensure other members got them', and then preceded to charge $50 more than retail, is not acceptable.

4. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

The way I see it if ur getting something someone on here will want its great as long as you dont try to rip off your fellow o fam.

luddy2009 and Dallas O Hog like this.
  5. atty_65

atty_65 Oakley magician Premium Member

trade is free, both parties must get mutual gains...sources is out of the question...

6. atty_65

labor is a commodity, it has value

qtrain23 likes this.
  7. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

No I don't see the fairness is raising the price for whatever the reason may be. I would only sell if I couldn't get the trade I wanted and even then wouldn't add any amount for me to make a profit. Everyone has been accepted into this community for who they are and the common interests we all have, I don't see the point in breaking that sense of family.

8. atty_65

a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow or worth less than tomorrow. a calculated risk for a free trade is fair. thats my opinion, but seems youve made your decision.

9. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

I'm not sure I quite understand what you are trying to say but what I'm getting at is - if I was to sell it wouldn't be to make any kind of profit- it would be to sell to someone who wanted it and then possibly allow me to get what I want

10. atty_65

i just give you the reason your asking. A dollar today is worth less/more than a dollar tomorrow. its about ethics and logic. thats why its free trade. mutual gains on both sides. is it logical to lose some money because you follow your ethics standard to sell to your fellow OF? you made your decision on profit, how about the risk and losing(capital)?