• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Oakleys on ebay nowadays = rubbish

jdd32

X Metal Workshop
Sydney
I've bought a fair share of Oakleys off ebay, but as of late, I'm getting more duds than what's advertised. Sellers are either lazy, blind, or just outright liars.

I received a few parcels today and more than half of them have issues.

"unmarked lens" = scratched on outside (as if dropped) and scratched on inside
"never used lens" = big patches of scratches on outside of both lenses
"mint condition" = it went to the beach, dropped in the wet sand and have sand lodged in nooks and crannies. Unobtanium rubbers are also corroded and 'melting' from what I can only guess is the effect of sea water.

Seriously, what the hell has the world turned to these days?! With all these dodgy sellers requiring individual complaint cases to obtain resolutions, you wonder why ebay is losing money due to all the wasted man hours chasing down scammers.

/rant

I've bought a fair share of Oakleys off ebay, but as of late, I'm getting more duds than what's advertised. Sellers are either lazy, blind, or just outright liars.

I received a few parcels today and more than half of them have issues.

"unmarked lens" = scratched on outside (as if dropped) and scratched on inside
"never used lens" = big patches of scratches on outside of both lenses
"mint condition" = it went to the beach, dropped in the wet sand and have sand lodged in nooks and crannies. Unobtanium rubbers are also corroded and 'melting' from what I can only guess is the effect of sea water.

Seriously, what the hell has the world turned to these days?! With all these dodgy sellers requiring individual complaint cases to obtain resolutions, you wonder why ebay is losing money due to all the wasted man hours chasing down scammers.

/rant

This is exactly the reason why I assume EVERY pair of metals I bid on from eBay is essentially a frame only. Meaning I assume that the lenses, all rubbers, and all screws need to be replaced. And I bid accordingly with that in mind. Occasionally I'm pleasantly surprised when I don't have to replace everything, but that doesn't happen often, lol.

urgh it gets irritating dealing with complete morons over ebay. You ask them for detailed photos, and you get blurred rubbish pictures. :headbang:

It's almost becoming a full time job just dealing with ebay to mop up these sloppy sellers with buyer protection.

Back