• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying sunglasses - need help

Hanza

Oakley Beginner
Hello.

So i have decided that i will buy my first pair of oakleys sunglasses. I already decided that i want and oakley jupiter squared model. What do you guys think of this model ?

I cant decide between jupiter square jade iridium and jupiter squared woodgrain tungsten iridum. Which type of lens do you like better? Which one has more relaxing feeling to the eye?

What about the eyes? Can people see your eyes through this lenses ? Some guy on youtube said that people can see your eyes more with tungsten lenses. Is that true ?

Any advice would be much appriciated!

Ty in advance!

The lens color depends on your personallity I think. The jade is more flashy than tungsten and will stand out more. Comparing the view through jade and tungsten; tungsten will give a brownish tint which will provide contrast while darkening your view. Jade does not really provide a contrast. You should choose which ever color combination suits your appearance.

In terms of lenses that people can see your eyes:
I've noticed that my eyes were visible in my Jade Iridium and Ruby Polarized Offshoots. It isn't too bad, but I noticed it. Also, it depends on lighting. I only have the Tungsten Iridium in my Eyepatch 2 and I cannot see the my eyes in the lenses.

I don't really care whether folks see my eyes or not. I like them all. Typically, the darker the color, the less visible your eyes are to others.

Jade is more of a "fashion" lens. It's bright, the base tint isn't always uniform, but it's got some good shine. I've never bought a pair, just not something I'd be after.

Tungsten is a more muted pair. It has a good mirror, but it's not so much "bling". I really like my pair of Crosshairs with Tungsten polarized. They're a very nice lens to wear out and about, especially if you're not trying to draw attention.

If you are looking for Oakley sunglasses, Try this one: Oakley Rock Black Square Sunglasses. ( I bought it through online lens store - lenspick)

Jade is more of a "fashion" lens. It's bright, the base tint isn't always uniform, but it's got some good shine. I've never bought a pair, just not something I'd be after.

Tungsten is a more muted pair. It has a good mirror, but it's not so much "bling". I really like my pair of Crosshairs with Tungsten polarized. They're a very nice lens to wear out and about, especially if you're not trying to draw attention.

^^^^^ This.

You will not be disappointed with Tungsten Iridium. It's a great lens. One of my favourites actually.
And to answer your specific question: Tungsten is more 'relaxing' than Jade.

I was watching this guy. because this is the only footage that i can find where i can see how you see through lense.

tungsten: about 11:56
jade: about 17:57

Isnt the jade more relaxing tothe eye? From what i can see here.

Is there any website thjat you can actually see through lense ?

In real world use, I find that basically while green lenses such as Emerald and Jade sharpen up your view they don't tend to darken your view. This is fine for some applications but not so good if you actually want to relax your eyes in bright sunlight, despite what the percentage transmission states.
Out of the two pairs you have chosen, I'd go for Woodgrain because it is unusual and cool, and the Tungsten lens is more calming to look thru on a bright day.

Thnks for your opinion Herbsley. Any other opinions ? The problem is that i cant try the woodgrain sunglasses because they dont have them in my store...

Oh yea and one more question. How come are tungsten lenses more relaxing to the eye? Shouldnt contrast lenses be more nonrelaxing to the eye ?

Back