• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bye Bye Hijinx And Monster Dog

Yeah, the Gascan's continue to pop out with new things. Highly doubt they'll end it anytime soon. Wish they never discontinued the Canteen. That was a great alternative to the Gascan. I can see the Straight and Half Jacket's going. I don't get why they didn't put the Hydrophobic Coating on the Half Jacket's. They are a sport frame after all lol.

Damn. One of my favorite frames going away :sad:

It's like watching a great looking dog getting euthanized because s/he couldn't find a good home.

I just noticed that some of the colorways are back through the custom program - Polished White and Crystal Black. I bet HQ just got a stock back from the Vaults so they're offering it again. Looks like i need to order one before they go away again.

That is all Oakley's bothered with...whether people like it or don't want to hear it...the company run by Jj has all but vanished but hey as long as Shaun White's big freakish head can inspire the Holbrook, Dispatch and Jupiter 2,3,4,5 in Violet and clear- thats what matters, I guess

The 31st will be the day theyre sent out. A lot of other frames/**** is being sent back as well.

Not going to be alot of pre Lux frames left soon. Monster Dog, Straight Jacket, Gascan all dead. Half Jacket is going but replaced by a II which looks like a cobbled together Flak and Fast (no surprise, the company isn't capable apparently of putting out more than one truly new design per year). And I agree with an above comment that the old Oakley (read Jannard's Oakley) is dead. I mean, nothing, NOTHING they company has done since 2006/2007 has truly excited me except the Pit Boss and that doesn't really count because that's a Jim design (and one I have a feeling he didn't have a hand in finishing because something is missing). Guess I'll become some whining middle aged man yearning for the Oakley glory days and taking solace in my discontinued XX, Juliets, Romeo, Romeo 2, Straight Jacket and bad ass accessories like Vaults.

Back