• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

C-Six Aluminum Clear Coat Peeling!

Aluminum oxide is stable enough you shouldn't really have any corrosion issues.

I like the look of marks from repeated use on metal stuff. It's a sign they're getting used. Like getting a nice ass groove in your spot on the couch.
Yeah, I don't think I'll have any problems with corrosion, but damn I didn't expect the clear coat to come off this easy.
I would agree with you on some things, about marks giving items character, but not my C-Six lol!

I really hope they will do something about it ! Here in canada they have absolutely no clue about elite pairs or limited runs. I called the HQ (canada) last year to get black iridium polarized lenses for my aluminum c six. The clerk asked me is it aluminum or carbon ? I said aluminum but does it matter ? He said yeah the two have different lens shape (ya right) he asked me to get there so they can ship it to california. The next day I go there and first thing I know they cannot get me new lenses. I was very upset for the time I lost going there and asked to talk to the guy I talked the day before and he told me "oh yesterday it was still possible to do it but then today the frame is discontinued so we can do nothing about it" YA RIGHT. I will never deal with them anymore.

I wish you better luck ! But I hear very good comments about the real HQ. Keep us updated bro !
That is not cool man! Considering the limited run of these, I'm not expecting much but we shall see.

If they want to help you they'll work their asses and find a warranty pair for you ! This is exactly my plans to find a carbon c six. I should have news in a few months

If they want to help you they'll work their asses and find a warranty pair for you ! This is exactly my plans to find a carbon c six. I should have news in a few months
C-Six, warranty pair? Is that even a real thing?

I know there are prototypes, I've seen one, but I would be shocked if there were warranty pairs.

I can be wrong also ! This is what I heard from a o store manager. Anyways this is pretty much where all my hopes are to find a carbon pair...I so hope to get one "easily"

Well, Oakley is having me send in the C-Six for further inspection. I spoke with them on the phone and apparently they do have the parts available to service the C-Six under warranty. I am sending them off today and very nervous about the whole situation. After seeing what happened to Infinitehero's watch when he sent it in for warranty work, I will be on pins and needles until they are back in my hands. Hopefully they take good care of them.

Latest Posts

Back