• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

C-Six and Pit Boss

Which do you prefer, Pit Boss or C-Six? And why?

• Pit Boss

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • C-Six

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That is kinda like the Badman/Madman being branded as X Metals by Oakley and the rest of us not agreeing. Well, we don't have to agree on that.

Of course I respect your opinion as well as everyone else s'. I have nothing but respect for all the senior members of this forum. But lets leave the X-Metals out of this. That's one argument I don't want this thread to go off into. Lol. I know we've all seen enough of that. Besides, Metals are just on another level altogether. That's a whole different thread. Lol. Like I said, not arguing a point, just food for though. Dann's pic speaks volumes as to what was intended for the PB II if you ask me, but that's just me. I'm ok with being the only one. Lol.

Of course I respect your opinion as well as everyone else s'. I have nothing but respect for all the senior members of this forum. But lets leave the X-Metals out of this. That's one argument I don't want this thread to go off into. Lol. I know we've all seen enough of that. Besides, Metals are just on another level altogether. That's a whole different thread. Lol. Like I said, not arguing a point, just food for though. Dann's pic speaks volumes as to what was intended for the PB II if you ask me, but that's just me. I'm ok with being the only one. Lol.
I agree with you :drinks:

Wasn't trying to derail the topic, but it is almost the same thing. The PB1/2 debate is just not as vicious compared to the other stuff.

Wasn't trying to derail the topic, but it is almost the same thing. The PB1/2 debate is just not as vicious compared to the other stuff.

Nah, no accusations here. I guess I got here after most of the debate on PB 1/2, so I really didn't see much of it.

:focus:
I am just happy to have one of the iconic pieces of Oakley history; it doesn't look like that anything like a PB or C-Six will be launched anytime soon.

Same here. Just happy to have the pieces that I do. Love my Metals more than my PB, but that's just me. Love the customizable fit they offer.

I think something may be in the works soon that could compete with the PB/C-Six in the form of a Ferrari edition and all Carbon Fiber. Just speculation at this point for me, but some people at Oakley have claimed to see it.

Not to argue, but just to give some food for thought. I've spoken with several different managers at O stores and asked if the PB II was considered Elite since it did not have the "Elite O" Every one of them has told me that the PB II is part of the Elite line. I know the popular opinion here is that the PB II is not Elite, and I'll go against the grain to say that, I feel it qualifies. A little more evidence to support this:

View attachment 184195

Pic courtesy of Dann Thombs at O-Review.

But of course everyone is free to have their own opinions on the matter. We can all speculate, but honestly we may never know Oakley's' true intention for the PB II.

Regarding that picture , one man i know may have something to say about it .... @dr.chop is this something that's possible?

Regarding that picture , one man i know may have something to say about it .... @dr.chop is this something that's possible?
is what possible? putting an Elite Icon in a Pit Boss 2?? I don't see why not...just take some massaging to make it happen I suppose. Not a metal plate like the Boss 1, so no real hurdles there. Maybe I should attempt that?? hmmmmmm anyone have an extra set of....Oh wait...I do...stay tuned. As for the pic, looks like their sla prototype or possibly a really nice clay carving haha

Your not the only one, I agree.

Never read the thread comparing PB and PB2, but I guess the PB2 got much deal got 2 reasons:

- None usage of the elite icon on frame and box
- Using Phillips screws on frame made it look cheap and generic for an elite pair

But how the rubber parts of the PB2 were strategically placed is the only thing that made it better than PB.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back