• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

C- Six Backroom Find

They are number 394. I feel bad saying the price I paid since it is probably substantially less than almost anyone else has. They were in national chain, Id rather not put the stores name out there.

They had them off the floor because they were too expensive to have out in the open on display. They had been transferred in recently and nobody thought they could ever sell an Oakley for that much. I came in with some Oakley gear and an employee pulled them out to show them to me. Needless to say as soon as they were pulled out, I knew they were coming home with me.

I can't believe all these stories I hear about employees not knowing what they have. How ridiculous is it that someone works in a retail setting and doesn't know the value of what they have? How is it a store/business owner doesn't have some kind of inventory control? If I am buying high end products and my employees are selling them for less than cost how do I stay in business?

rmontez, I understand what you are saying, but i think this is the difference between a small business and a national chain. In a small biz, you better believe you are not going to let someone in your store sell something below cost. I a major corporation, first off the store manager didnt pay for the product, and may only care or think about what a $650 sale will do to their daily sales reports and goals. The managers bonus is probably more based on total sales than it is on profit margin. I'm just speculating.

But I did get a good deal and the employees just knew they were expensive old sunglasses, and came in a nice box...

rmontez, I understand what you are saying, but i think this is the difference between a small business and a national chain. In a small biz, you better believe you are not going to let someone in your store sell something below cost. I a major corporation, first off the store manager didnt pay for the product, and may only care or think about what a $650 sale will do to their daily sales reports and goals. The managers bonus is probably more based on total sales than it is on profit margin. I'm just speculating.

But I did get a good deal and the employees just knew they were expensive old sunglasses, and came in a nice box...

So is that to say you paid $650?

Don't understand why you wouldn't name the store.

AWESOME dude - congrats!!! i guess to many stupid employees out there . . .