1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jairmayah

Jairmayah Guest

A friend of mine is selling me his aluminum C-Six but they have a miniscule scratch on one of the lenses and I wanted to get them replaced since everything is in flawless condition aside from the scratch. I called Oakley and they said they could sell me some lenses but I need to send the sunglasses in so they could replace them professionally, which is fine. I just want to know what the exact process is in replacing the lenses and if I could do it myself without ruining them. I was thinking about wearing them on special occasions, but if I did I would want to use the lenses with the scratch on them. Had anyone ever tried swapping the lenses out? Could anyone do a video or describe to me what to do? Thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Supero100

Supero100 Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

@qtrain23 I think our new member is looking for you...

3. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

All you gotta do it take the screw out and pop the lenses out. Not unlike xmetals.

4. Jairmayah

Jairmayah Guest

Oh really? That's it? Well that's good to know. The guy I talked to made it out like it wasn't an easy process and that I NEEDED to send them to Oakley or I couldn't buy the lenses. I'm wondering if that's so I can prove I own a pair and won't just resell the lenses. Thanks for the help!

5. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Yea it's no big deal. Get a good 00 screw driver

6. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome to the forum!

7. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

With your newbie status here, I gotta ask - are you an existing Oaks enthusiast / collector who just now joined the forum or did you just recently catch the bug and are starting off with C-Six?

Welcome to the forum...

8. thin man

thin man Oakley Beginner

C-Six Lens Replacement - a6udadem.jpg
    for me its just like changing lens on your juliets.. just be extra careful

9. Jairmayah

Jairmayah Guest

Haha! No, I have loved Oakley and only worn Oakley since 2009 but didn't really start collecting them until I got my first Oakley case back in September of last year. I don't have a whole lot of old/rare stuff since I just started collecting but my collection is growing pretty fast. This C-Six will make a great addition. Thanks for all the welcomes! This is an awesome site!

10. GH4AU

GH4AU Carbon Fanatic Premium Member

Welcome! Whoever you talked to fed you a load of B.S. on the lenses. Call up their warranty department and tell them you have a C-Six with lenses in bad shape and they will ship you a set of lenses for $85. Congrats on the pair btw, it's a beauty!