• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

C-Six Lens Replacement

• Thread starter Jairmayah
  • Start date
I mean I didn't question him on it. I talked to Dave by the way (apparently there is only one) and when I asked about ordering new lenses and what I needed to do to get a pair he just said I had to ship them so that way they could replace them professionally. I'm not quoting exactly what he said cause I can't remember but as I stated earlier, he made it sound like that was part of the lens replacement process. But yeah, grey lenses absolutely suck and I'm not paying Dr. Chop $150 for a custom pair of some other polarized.

I wouldn't call grey crappy. It has its uses.

You wouldn't, but I do - in comparison to MANY others. I don't think its too much to ask for 'Elite' eyewear to have superior optics, and they don't, period. I have confirmed this with multiple conversations with Oakley in addition to others who have worn a C SIX. I already commented that Oakley had received positive feedback on some of the [newer?] replacement lenses from C SIX customers.

All I know is I have two and yeah - the lenses are crap in both, not "crappy grey", as I am fine with grey lenses that are crisp and clear, but these are not, not in either of mine. Let's be nice and just say they are underwhelming and unimpressive, falling short of most other [genuine] Oakley's I have ever worn.

As for 'a whole 'nother matter going on' I have relatively good vision and know a good lens when I see it, or see through it as the case may be. I have no issues with 30+ pairs in my collection, but with both of these...

My $.02

Last edited:
But yeah, grey lenses absolutely suck
+ 1/2 - these grey lenses in question do, actually, kinda 'suck' (in place of the terms I have offered in this thread. I have other grey, warm grey, grey polars, etc... they are ALL better than the stock C SIX lenses IMO.

I've never worn any other Oakleys with grey lenses to be honest so I can't really compare the stock C-six with other Oakleys with grey lenses. I guess from what MJLSr is saying though is that the stock C-six lenses are pretty terrible which I can agree 100%. I'm sure they work fine for some people so I'm not saying they suck for everyone, but they certainly don't work for me.

Back