• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

C5 w/ unobtainium temple adjustment

Kasing

Oakley Beginner
I got a new pair of Oakley's that have a C5 alloy frame/temples, and half the temple arms are covered with unobtainium. The left temple arm sticks out a bit more than the right by my ear, which I was hoping to fix. Has anyone adjusted unobtainium covered C5 temples themselves? I imagine it's as simple as bending it a bit...? Anything I should watch out for or are there any recommended techniques?

All I can say is that I have a pair of Wiretap frames. Like you they needed adjusting to fit properly. The optician took them and said "I can fix that" and took them away. It turns out that they did bend them a bit. With hind sight I am not sure how good an idea this is as they could easily introduce a weak spot which could fracture in future, approach with caution! I am no metallurgist so time will tell, so far so good though!

The only issue I would say is if you are thinking of yours as a collection piece. If you were I would avoid it.

Regarding the unobtainium side, you could try and peel/pulling it back before adjusting.

Latest Posts

Back