1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Kasing

Kasing Oakley Beginner

I got a new pair of Oakley's that have a C5 alloy frame/temples, and half the temple arms are covered with unobtainium. The left temple arm sticks out a bit more than the right by my ear, which I was hoping to fix. Has anyone adjusted unobtainium covered C5 temples themselves? I imagine it's as simple as bending it a bit...? Anything I should watch out for or are there any recommended techniques?
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. XMetalAddict

XMetalAddict Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member Lifetime Member

All I can say is that I have a pair of Wiretap frames. Like you they needed adjusting to fit properly. The optician took them and said "I can fix that" and took them away. It turns out that they did bend them a bit. With hind sight I am not sure how good an idea this is as they could easily introduce a weak spot which could fracture in future, approach with caution! I am no metallurgist so time will tell, so far so good though!

The only issue I would say is if you are thinking of yours as a collection piece. If you were I would avoid it.

Regarding the unobtainium side, you could try and peel/pulling it back before adjusting.