• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

CA: Travel advise & a trip to HQ

mopiko

I should Work at Oakley
hi Guys,
im coming to the US~ next mth:

Im heading to CA for the 1st time for a work training in Silicon Valley.
I have 7 days after my training. Trying to plan my trip. SFO and LA

How many days do u guys recon i shud spend at SFO and LA? 4days SFO - 3 days LA?

Shud i just fly, or take the long drive from SFO - LA
I assume it'll be cheaper for me to fly?

Now the question is: how do i get to Oakley HQ.
Is there no other ways to get there, without a car?

If i do rent a car, it;ll be my 1st time driving a lefty car. Dangerous?/bad traffic in LA, whats' there to look out for

Appreciate any advise

Living in LA, I'd say spend more time in SF. It's a great city. You can catch a pretty decently priced flight on Southwest airlines if you buy in advance. Cheaper than renting a car. The drive is probably 6 hours. I used to do it a lot and it's no fun (flat, straight and smelly - lots of cows lol).

Oakley HQ is about an hour's drive from Hollywood, assuming there is no traffic (which there always is and it can be dangerous if you are not comfortable on a 5 lane freeway driving a lefty car). If you plan on exploring LA on your own, it may be worth it to rent a car because I have no idea how else you would get there. Public transportation is LA is not good!

Best of luck!

Im with lildutchie on that. SF is a much nicer place then LA, much more to see and easier to get around without a car.
As for getting to HQ, thats going to be tricky, as if you fly into LAX its a good hour+ to get to HQ.
I could possible pick you up and drive you out to HQ depending on the day and time, I've been meaning to get back out there.
PM me for further info.

i would say spend the first two days in SF - then rent a car and make a trip LA - HQ - Vegas - SD and then back home with plenty Oakley stuff . . .

Thanks alot guys for the info.!
i guys ill be flying into LAX from SF, and rent a car when i reach

Still trying to get my bearings right, 1st off in choosing the best GPS instead of renting one.

What GPS on the phone do u guys use/recommend?
CoPilot/Navigon/Sygic/TomTom any of these?

What can i actually do/see in HQ? Heard most places are no-entry for public..any special cases to take a peep inside?

Im with lildutchie on that. SF is a much nicer place then LA, much more to see and easier to get around without a car.
As for getting to HQ, thats going to be tricky, as if you fly into LAX its a good hour+ to get to HQ.
I could possible pick you up and drive you out to HQ depending on the day and time, I've been meaning to get back out there.
PM me for further info.

Thanks Cargo!! for the offer!, have not exactly planned out yet. But if i do, will give u a shoutout.
Then again, do u think there is any Raw Madman in HQ for sale then? hah!!

PM me for further info.

IMHO flying into John Wayne Airport in Orange County would save a good bit of dealing with LA traffic and "The 5"......not to mention a much shorter drive to HQ

Thanks alot guys for the info.!
i guys ill be flying into LAX from SF, and rent a car when i reach

Still trying to get my bearings right, 1st off in choosing the best GPS instead of renting one.

What GPS on the phone do u guys use/recommend?
CoPilot/Navigon/Sygic/TomTom any of these?

What can i actually do/see in HQ? Heard most places are no-entry for public..any special cases to take a peep inside?

i use the gps app waze on my phone it works really well and it updates you route ased on realtime traffice conditions

Back