• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Call Me A Chemist...

Here's some pics that hopefully do a better job differentiating the two:

P1070912.jpg

P1070919.jpg

The 24K's orbitals definitely have a far smoother and glossier finish.

Yeah I usually wipe them down after use. What would you suggest as a good material to use for the wipe down? Right now I just use a clean hand towel.

Oh wow. Yeah mine definitely doesn't look smooth like that.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that mine will stain or discolor easily.

Yours are first gen. Plamsa. Those tended to flake and discolor. The flaking is more of a factory defect, they either will or wont and there is not much you can do about it. The staining is caused by a chemical reaction between the salt on your skin and the and the finish itself. Always wipe them down after wearing or handling them, and keep them in a low humidity environment.

Ideally rubbing alcohol would do the best job, but would also ruin ruin lenses unless you took them out first. That said I had first gen plasma Juliets and they discolored mostly on the stems, and the inside of the orbitals right up against the lens were you usually see a lot of perspiration settle. So really it would be best to take the lenses out anyway.

Hmmm. Luckily no part of the orbital comes into direct contact with my face when I wear them. I'll be sure to keep wiping them down after every use though.

Latest Posts

Back