• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Call Me A Chemist...

Yeah I usually wipe them down after use. What would you suggest as a good material to use for the wipe down? Right now I just use a clean hand towel.

i think a good way is just wipe down after use with a soft towel (split microfiber is really good), and perhaps wash under warm water after a week of use.. my frames all get washed in warm water frequently to prevent salts and oils from building up.. its just nasty (if you recall the beater XX's i picked up.. ugh)..i prefer not to introduce alcohols and etc as it can weaken the finish..may lead to flaking.. then again it may not but i dont chance it.

good luck!

i think a good way is just wipe down after use with a soft towel (split microfiber is really good), and perhaps wash under warm water after a week of use.. my frames all get washed in warm water frequently to prevent salts and oils from building up.. its just nasty (if you recall the beater XX's i picked up.. ugh)..i prefer not to introduce alcohols and etc as it can weaken the finish..may lead to flaking.. then again it may not but i dont chance it.

good luck!
I plan on eventually getting the Oakley golf towel so I can hang it next to my display case and use it to wipe down my stuff.

I've been using a warm wet towel to wipe down the Ti02. It's hard to remember to avoid handling them by their orbitals as it's the opposite way of handling the 24Ks. LOL

BriP was curious as to the condition of the pair as I might sell it and look for a non-matte orbital TiO2. I took pics and thought people might appreciate seeing them as well so here they are!

P1070938.jpg

P1070940.jpg

P1070941.jpg

P1070942.jpg

P1070943.jpg

P1070945.jpg

P1070946.jpg

P1070947.jpg

P1070948.jpg

P1070950.jpg

no way im passing it up if it goes on the market dude.. unless Razer wants rediculous money for it hahha!

the plasma would get ruined in the tropical humidity anyways lol ;)
Doesn't it get hot and humid where you are too? LOL

It actually gets hot and humid here in the swamp. :(

I have a feeling I'll be wearing them a lot less during the summer. They'll be staying in my air conditioned home. LOL

Doesn't it get hot and humid where you are too? LOL

It actually gets hot and humid here in the swamp. :(

I have a feeling I'll be wearing them a lot less during the summer. They'll be staying in my air conditioned home. LOL

haha nah it doesnt really.. humidity here is so low my lips crack in winter and in summer all the water in the lakes completely dry up...

like a desert haha! which is why i moved my 1974 Lambo here, its a perfect place for it to sit whilst i generate funds to restore it..

Back