• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Calling All M Frame Gurus..

TB9788

Oakley Beginner
Curious which of the lens options you think would best fit a narrower face. I tried on a strike in SGH and it was alright, but didn't have any of the others to try on. For some perspective, the radar path lens is too wide for my face, even the fuel cell is too wide by my temples. I fit fives squared, crankcase, flak and half jackets. Thoughts, opinions?

Most of the M Frame lenses don't vary much in width. Moreso height.

How are they too wide? I wouldn't think wide would be a problem, unless the frame doesn't really fit on your face. For an M Frame lens, in my opinion, you want as much unobstructed coverage as possible?

Radars, holbrooks fuel cells, ect don't fit simply because they are too big by my temples. Looking at pictures it seems like there is a difference in width...however a lens taller in height would tend to look less wide? I like the XLJ lens in flaks and half jackets, so maybe a taller m frame lens is what I need. And yes, need the most unobstructed FOV, using them for softball

Yes, but the lenses will have no effect on how the frame fits. So if the M Frame itself doesn't fit you or is too wide choosing a different lens won't make them fit better.

The Heater is the tallest lens, narrowest at the temples but widest at the cheeks.

The Hybrid S is the smallest lens, overall narrower and shorter than the rest.

Frame seemed to fit fine when I tried it on, wasn't sticking out around the temples like the Radar did. Stike lens looked ok, just wasn't sure if there was another lens that made it look like it "fit" a narrower face better. Many thanks for the help though!

I would recommend the hybrid lens if you liked the look of the strike lens. The cut outs that make it smaller and rise up over the cheeks are the difference from the strike lens.

Back