1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TB9788

TB9788 Oakley Beginner

Curious which of the lens options you think would best fit a narrower face. I tried on a strike in SGH and it was alright, but didn't have any of the others to try on. For some perspective, the radar path lens is too wide for my face, even the fuel cell is too wide by my temples. I fit fives squared, crankcase, flak and half jackets. Thoughts, opinions?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Most of the M Frame lenses don't vary much in width. Moreso height.

How are they too wide? I wouldn't think wide would be a problem, unless the frame doesn't really fit on your face. For an M Frame lens, in my opinion, you want as much unobstructed coverage as possible?

3. TB9788

TB9788 Oakley Beginner

Radars, holbrooks fuel cells, ect don't fit simply because they are too big by my temples. Looking at pictures it seems like there is a difference in width...however a lens taller in height would tend to look less wide? I like the XLJ lens in flaks and half jackets, so maybe a taller m frame lens is what I need. And yes, need the most unobstructed FOV, using them for softball

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Yes, but the lenses will have no effect on how the frame fits. So if the M Frame itself doesn't fit you or is too wide choosing a different lens won't make them fit better.

The Heater is the tallest lens, narrowest at the temples but widest at the cheeks.

The Hybrid S is the smallest lens, overall narrower and shorter than the rest.

5. TB9788

TB9788 Oakley Beginner

Frame seemed to fit fine when I tried it on, wasn't sticking out around the temples like the Radar did. Stike lens looked ok, just wasn't sure if there was another lens that made it look like it "fit" a narrower face better. Many thanks for the help though!

6. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

I would recommend the hybrid lens if you liked the look of the strike lens. The cut outs that make it smaller and rise up over the cheeks are the difference from the strike lens.

7. NiGHTSx2

NiGHTSx2 Oakley Collector

Hybrid or Hybrid S would be your best bet.