• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Calling All Premium Members: New Feature Ideas?

Hey Boss, I appreciate the work that you do on the forum and that you are constantly looking for ways to improve the experience.
I get pissed off for you at members who almost literally stab you in the back while generating revenue or enhancing their collections off your back and wallet. You know who you are...
Notwithstanding other premium perks I would not make free, unlimited hosting available to non-premium members for the same reasons mentioned by digi7 in the other thread.
But that's just me thinking about your interests which you know best.

Hey Boss, I appreciate the work that you do on the forum and that you are constantly looking for ways to improve the experience.
I get pissed off for you at members who almost literally stab you in the back while generating revenue or enhancing their collections off your back and wallet. You know who you are...
Notwithstanding other premium perks I would not make free, unlimited hosting available to non-premium members for the same reasons mentioned by digi7 in the other thread.
But that's just me thinking about your interests which you know best.

I appreciate it. Yeah, I would only enable image hosting if it was for the benefit of the community, and looking at it more and more, it seems like it may be. I would probably still put a cap on image hosting for standard members say 250mb, but just have to see.

Something I have been thinking of, is a keyword alert system for premium members. So you can enter X amount of keywords, such as "Frogskins", or "Romeo" and everytime a post is made with that keyword, you get an alert. Gotta see though.

What about a # of items that you can have for sale at a time for regular members and unlimited items when preimum

you could also have a contest for premium members only

That's a toughie - really, the existing premium member perks don't really do much for me (though I've found the image hosting to be convenient) and I didn't go premium for the perks; I went premium because of my appreciation of the value this forum provides and I wanted to support it...

How about a thread and/or post bookmark bucket? If one runs across a post or thread one really likes and may want to revisit or reference, click a "bookmark" (kinda like "like") and then have a page where one can see a list of those bookmark links, maybe make it sortable (order, subfolders). Lately I keep finding myself referencing / linking older threads or posts to answer somebody's question, sometimes the same thread again and again, but I have to search for it every time to dig it back out...

And it'd be easier to revisit the OP the next time somebody asks, "what's this about some guy losing a pair of carbon C-six while jet skiing in a lake in Canada?"

Can definitely work on adding some bookmarking feature for premium members.

That's a toughie - really, the existing premium member perks don't really do much for me (though I've found the image hosting to be convenient) and I didn't go premium for the perks; I went premium because of my appreciation of the value this forum provides and I wanted to support it...

How about a thread and/or post bookmark bucket? If one runs across a post or thread one really likes and may want to revisit or reference, click a "bookmark" (kinda like "like") and then have a page where one can see a list of those bookmark links, maybe make it sortable (order, subfolders). Lately I keep finding myself referencing / linking older threads or posts to answer somebody's question, sometimes the same thread again and again, but I have to search for it every time to dig it back out...

And it'd be easier to revisit the OP the next time somebody asks, "what's this about some guy losing a pair of carbon C-six while jet skiing in a lake in Canada?"
For that one all you have to do is search the keyword "dumb". ;)

Just enabled a bookmarking feature for Premium Members only. You'll see the option to "BookMark" a post at the bottom of the post, with the word "Bookmark". Let me know what you think.

Just enabled a bookmarking feature for Premium Members only. You'll see the option to "BookMark" a post at the bottom of the post, with the word "Bookmark". Let me know what you think.

Sweet - that was fast. My first test seemed to work well.

I assume each person's bookmarks are private?

Back