• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Calling on the Frogskins experts

joshviiv

Oakley Enthusiast
Guys,

Bought these some time ago off a lady here in Perth who swears she bought them new - unfortunately at the time i didnt realise that gen 1's (as far as i know) didnt come in this colour, so i didnt think to ask her any questions.

These are very pink, and i'm wondering if anyone has seen this happen before, i think perhaps they've gotten wet in the micro bag, and the pink has stained the originally clear frames.

Take a look at the close up of the oakley logo on one of the stems - you can actually see the pink stain running through what looked originally white. The logo on the other stem is almost all pink now. I've attached a picture of the bag vs a new bag to show the colour differential.

I have three pairs of gen 1 frogs - white/bronze, rootbeer/bronze and these - and there is absolutely ZERO difference in all three - i even weighed them on jewellery scales. The JAPAN is imprinted, not printed on. I truly don't believe they're fake.

Would love you hear your thoughts!

IMG_8789.JPG
IMG_8790.JPG
IMG_8791.JPG
IMG_8792.JPG
IMG_8793.JPG
IMG_8794.JPG
IMG_8796.JPG

IMG_8795.JPG

That's a tough one.

I've seen a few posts in the past about "bag bleed," but I'm not sure if that actually happens or not.

Looking at your pictures and the fact that you've been able to compare (as well as weigh) these against the other authentic ones that you own, I would say they are legit.

My guess is that the pinkish color was caused by something else besides the bag.

Hope this helps and hopefully others will chime in ...

I also think the bag bleed is a myth too. It's impossible to have the bag transfer color to all parts of the frame. I think someone tried to customize these. If the weight checks out i would say they are legit.

Bag bleed is a real issue, but usually only with black or red bags. It used to happen on the White Riddle, and black chrome peices alot. I have never seen it with the pink bags before.

As far as I can see, those frogs are a real just a bleed victim. I think what backs this up is the inconsistency of the colour. But what do I know.

I concur - at first i agreed with OGfrog, you couldnt expect bag bleed to cover all the frame, perhaps only the outside faces. But i think because they're clear, when you look from the INSIDE of the frame (which looks pink) its actually the pink bleed on the outside of the frame showing through.

Either way, glad you guys are of similar opinion. Fairly individual set of gen 1 frogs!

Bag bleed is a real issue, but usually only with black or red bags. It used to happen on the White Riddle, and black chrome peices alot. I have never seen it with the pink bags before.

As far as I can see, those frogs are a real just a bleed victim. I think what backs this up is the inconsistency of the colour. But what do I know.
There you have it

Bag bleed is a real issue ...

but only in the UK

:D

Did anyone find a way to clean them up? I have a pair with the red bag bleed, but not as bad as the pair above. I assume those went through a rainstorm or wash machine in the bag?!

I'm not willing to touch them mate - you'd have to use a chemical of some sort and i dont want to do any damage. If you give it a go though, let me know! ;)

Back