• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Came across this on the internet

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn...... someone should suggest that I buy that. :mad:
I think that would be a brilliant idea. Just imagine you might find lost X-Metal treasures in there!
clear.png
clear.png

So sad...because everything moved to china
Nothing that was in that location moved to China.

EDIT: I take that back, the golf clubs probably moved to China. Those weren't Oakley anyway though.

If you go back to 2007, they were hiring.

Google Maps
Interesting find. Personally I'd rather know what other properties, if any, are still held by Oakley in that area. That building doesn't look big enough to hold much but the machinery required and the materials to make the glasses. I'd be willing to bet within a short drive they had some kind of storage facility.

That makes me wonder something else too. Does anyone know where xmetals were assembled? I know that plant was used for casting the parts, but did those same people handle assembly? I can't see that happening. I also find it hard to believe they'd truck everything back to Cali to put it back together. It would make more sense to assemble and distribute from a facility near the point of origin. That would be the place to find.

Interesting find. Personally I'd rather know what other properties, if any, are still held by Oakley in that area. That building doesn't look big enough to hold much but the machinery required and the materials to make the glasses. I'd be willing to bet within a short drive they had some kind of storage facility.

That makes me wonder something else too. Does anyone know where xmetals were assembled? I know that plant was used for casting the parts, but did those same people handle assembly? I can't see that happening. I also find it hard to believe they'd truck everything back to Cali to put it back together. It would make more sense to assemble and distribute from a facility near the point of origin. That would be the place to find.
There is a storage facility not far from there. Not that I would know anything about that at all. :hi:

Whether or not they were assembled in that specific building or in a nearby facility, they were assembled local to that area, including markings, lenses, and packaging, and had been entered into inventory by the time they shipped out.

Back