• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Came across this on the internet

According to the epa docs I've read they were assembled there. Oakley had some waste water issues.
What was the reason for closing the faculty? Considering what they go for on eBay. There's still an interest.

According to the epa docs I've read they were assembled there. Oakley had some waste water issues.
What was the reason for closing the faculty? Considering what they go for on eBay. There's still an interest.

The scuttlebutt is that it was located in Nevada in the first place because the regs weren't as tough as in Cali, but then Nevada changed them to be equally tough, and it cost too much to move it. That hasn't been verified; it could have just been simple cost cutting on the part of Lux.

lol - no, I meant this, a blob of x-metal spillage pried up from the factory floor...

View attachment 178445

View attachment 178446

I thought it was cool but the guy just wanted too much for it. I verified its authenticity and made him a reasonable offer, and the auction ended with no bids. He came back saying he was going to keep it; didn't really want to sell it but had put it out there to see how much it could fetch.
Cool the way the colours came out on it and it is anothet small piece of Oakley X-Metal history.

You know, you can just about make out Oakley Blob Hehe!

OmUAHH.jpg

Did you see the blowtorched Juliet from a while back? The blowtorching also brought out those colors...
I haven't seen that, will have a search, I kind of knew that heat had a similar effect to anodizing but without the control. All down to playing with the oxide layer.

What I did not know is how it would affect the alloy. InfiniteHero explained to me that the alloy does not react exactly like pure titanium does.

Back