• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Came Home And Saw Juliet Waiting For Me...

The TiO2 in any model is more rare than the 24K. They were in production for less time; I had a shot at a TiO2 with Ice Polarized lenses back in winter (which would have fixed two of my issues in the collection) and I couldn't close the deal due to other obligations. I don't think that will be one that I ever own at this point.

This was waiting for me when i came home earlier today... so sweet... :dance3:

Juliet TiO2

img0154vd.jpg

is it just me or is the TiO2 suppose to have a darker nose bridge and Stems while the orbitals are lighter?

I have never seen the TiO2 in person which is why I am asking

is it just me or is the TiO2 suppose to have a darker nose bridge and Stems while the orbitals are lighter?

It does...and that one in the picture does. I've heard people claim its JUST an X Metal bridge and earstems with plasma orbitals, but TiO2 models always seemed darker to me than X Metal...or at least current X Metal...older X Metal I really think is darker and closer to TiO2 from what I've seen.

Is there any way to take a junker X-metal frame and a junker plasma frame and make a Juliet out of that? I have no idea on how to take apart the flex coupler but I'd think there'd be some cool combos to make.

The nose bridge and ear stems are indeed darker...
Sorry for the ****ty pic as this was taken under low light conditions in my room in the evening... Will try to get a better pic under natural daylight later...
I can't show comparison with my x-metal pair now as I'm heading out to the Philippines and won't be back for a few days... Will post a comparison when I'm back home

@ bouncing_boy - thanks for your kind words

@ ucdavis - thanks for enlightening, u really know your stuff... :thumb: also i think the Juliet TiO2 is rarer than the XX TiO2, I may be wrong... But I've seen more XX around

@ Razerwire - it's not technically impossible to merge the 2 frames together, it's the nose bridge rivet that'll be challenging... I've seen people do this combo with 2 pairs of x-squared, since the x-squared nose bridge is easier to take apart as its bolted rather than riveted... I think xmetalmaniac did a project similar, if I recall correctly

Back