• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can anyone help?

Jeff O

Oakley Expert
So there is two display cases for sale and I'd like to get my hands on one finally. The seller does not have an asking price. They will sell to who ever makes the best offer. The description says it has working locks and lights and is in good condition. Can anyone help me out with thing like what I should be looking for, questions to ask and especially can anyone give me an idea what it would be worth? Thanks

_27_zpsow8z6o1q.jpg

Well if they are not giving a price, offer them 200 to 300 and see what they say, otherwise they will get a lot of offers then jack up the price, there was one on Craigslist a while back where the seller was selling a sheliving unit for 800 because he got offers and decided his shelving unit turned to Gold, which then it sat on there for months lol

Being the first gen doublewide they should go for less than the others. I just paid $400 for a second gen double wide (Black case) and about three years ago I paid $450 for one exactly like this. I'd start low and work up.

Personally I wouldn't pay over $500 for it and would wait for something else to show up. As far as what you should be looking for… make sure the shelves (if they're still plexi) aren't sagging from too much weight, make sure the hinges are in good working order (no cracks on the plexi) and make sure that the overall condition of the plexi is to your satisfaction. Keep in mind that two new front doors will run you around $50 each, and you still have to get it drilled for the locks if you decide to replace them.

if you can ask to see it in person then offer him a price, it could be in good condition and not needing any work at all. It looks like he uses it to display things, so he probably takes care of it.

if you can ask to see it in person then offer him a price, it could be in good condition and not needing any work at all. It looks like he uses it to display things, so he probably takes care of it.

Latest Posts

Back