• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can E Wire 2.1 Frames Be Tightened Up?

I have a like new pairs if e-wire 2.1, a wire 2.0, c wire and the earstems do not flop at all when closed, in fact if you shake them the earstems stay closed.

I believed we were on to something, so I dug out my E-wire frames. There were two different hinge styles released for this model! My RX frames are floppy, but my silver/ice frames spring into the closed position like all the other wire frames. The Bronze RX frames have a rounded edge on the frame side of the hinge, as you can see below, but the silver have a sharper edge. If Ryan_C's frames are like the silver then something is wrong with them, but not so if they are like the bronze.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the picture, but I have looked at this picture over and over the the past 15 minutes trying to see what exactly you are referring to. I have a good pair and also a bad pair (floppy). I have compared my 2 and I don't think there is a difference. I won't lie, I'm afraid if I take them apart they won't go back together correctly.

Totally makes sense now. I have 1 of each just like you but they are both the same model with a variance in those pieces. That's really weird but should be expected coming from the time era when these were released.

My floppy ones look like the ones on the bottom in bronze. My frames that spring to the closed position look like the silver framed ones.

So these came that way from the point they were brand new?

Back