1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oakay

Oakay Oakley Beginner

Hello guys I'm completely new to this forum and have a pretty noob question (and for that i apologize). Ive been looking at the exchange section and am interested in getting a set of oakley x-squared glasses since they are like my dream sunglasses in relatively new condition but is that even possible with only a budget between $350-400 dollars?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. DG85

DG85 Oakley Enthusiast

Without a the box or case or coin, I personally believe it to be. I believe some of the XS's have/had bloated prices. If you are patient enough for ebay and don't mind replacing lenses/rubbers, piecing it together can for sure be done sub $400.

You've personally tried the frames on though, right?

3. Oakay

Oakay Oakley Beginner

Sadly no i Havent. I live up in canada and there aren't any around up here.

4. DG85

DG85 Oakley Enthusiast

Being outside of the Continental US changes that, indeed.

XS has lower production quantities and being a later model further reduces the *beater* models.

Still, sourcing the lenses, a set of rubbers for a good price would be a good first step while at the same time hunting down a frame of varied condition.

Paying a bit of a premium for a fresh tuned frame, with rubbers and lenses would be in your interest to limit future repair costs.

I bought a Carbon XS when they came out, but did not put in much wear time because it did not suite my face. I only recently picked up an XX frame and it has become my new daily.

Last edited: 4/18/15
    discostu likes this.
  5. Dieseltech

Dieseltech Oakley Expert Premium Member

It will be tough to find a nice frame in that price range but sometimes it happens. Check eBay and Craigslist

6. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

I do not think it would be hard. Be patient. Have your funds ready and keep on the look out.

They will show up. Your budget is reasonable as well.

7. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

8. DG85

DG85 Oakley Enthusiast

^^^Priced right. Obviously you should buy UC's bundle package with both sets of lenses.

9. Oakay

Oakay Oakley Beginner

sweet, I also found something local on kijiji 330 for black iridium only worn once and given to the guy as a gift but he is selling to pay for tuition. that seems like a steal no?

Nortika and dragonvoi like this.
  10. Oakay

Oakay Oakley Beginner

and this would mean i can try them on and inspect in person

Nortika and dragonvoi like this.