• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can Someone Give Me The Info On Ipads?

hearno

Oakley Collector
I'm way behind the game when it comes to Apple products and tablets especially. I'm thinking about picking up an ipad. I'm going to buy a used one because I'd rather spend the money on oakleys. Can someone please give me a heads up on what to look for/avoid? I'm thinking I want a 2nd gen, wifi. I don't plan on or want to add it to my verizon plan unless it's preferred. Again, that's the type of info I need. Also, should I connect it to my computer before I purchase it to see if it connects or what? Hook it up with the infoz pls.

hearno said:
I'm way behind the game when it comes to Apple products and tablets especially. I'm thinking about picking up an ipad. I'm going to buy a used one because I'd rather spend the money on oakleys. Can someone please give me a heads up on what to look for/avoid? I'm thinking I want a 2nd gen, wifi. I don't plan on or want to add it to my verizon plan unless it's preferred. Again, that's the type of info I need. Also, should I connect it to my computer before I purchase it to see if it connects or what? Hook it up with the infoz pls.

Gen 2s are great. I have a wifi only and don't miss having data. I'm sure you have data on your phone so if you really need it, you can look something up there. It's not worth the extra money for the data plan IMO.

With ICloud you don't even need to hook it up to your computer. Wireless sync.

Anymore questions just ask

I have the 3rd Gen and love it...I think as long as you're buying it used they most likely would have wiped it before selling, although some people do forget so you may be surprised with photos or videos.

When you first get just plug it in to iTunes and it take you through the process...

Also, if you're getting one used make sure it comes with the cable and charger; to buy the charger and cable is pricey from Apple, although you can get them from other vendors as well for cheaper.

Ok, I'm good with wifi only. Is it worth spending the extra money to get a third gen?

It depends on what you plan on using it for. The third-generation version has a much better camera, it's much faster, and has a much better video for gaming. If you're just wanting it for your basic apps and Internet access, the second generation is just fine.

The apple store online sells the iPads refurb at pretty decent discounts sometimes you can always give that a gander

Lol, don't be fooled by the megapixels. The sensor used in the new iPad is superior to most point and shoot cameras available today and definitely superior to phones that list higher megapixel counts. Go try one out and you'll see!

bad fishy said:
Lol, don't be fooled by the megapixels. The sensor used in the new iPad is superior to most point and shoot cameras available today and definitely superior to phones that list higher megapixel counts. Go try one out and you'll see!

This. It's not all about pixels

Back