1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jared Zeuli

Jared Zeuli Oakley Beginner

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

There was a guy selling one in Michigan a couple of weeks ago on Ebay ( 800$ I think ) just looked and can't find it now.

3. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Oakley Beginner

I think that dark one in Michigan actually sold. That's the only one I have seen lately.

4. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

Thats the same one, he was asking 800$. That is the only one I have ever seen.

5. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

That is what I have seen referred to as a "Core" display. I found two on CL, bought both and went to Muncie to fetch them in our old beater Previa minivan. I enjoy their relatively low-key appearance and have seen a production number in the 60's in eBay ads but I can't imagine Oakley gearing up for a run that small.

Regardless, they do not come up often and they do not upstage the glasses; the bare steel gets a little rusty patina with time and has a nice, warm look. I gave a grand for both, here's an old pic:

Can Someone Please Tell Me Where To Get One Of These Single Wide Black Metal Towers!? - 7108118247_e01373b512.jpg

6. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

That looks great!! With a collection of glasses and guns like you have and the cars? We should be friends!!
    Like good friends who loan each other stuff!!

7. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Oakley Beginner

Did the guy in Muncie have anything else? I remember seeing someone down near there on CL that had other display stuff a couple years ago.

8. echav23

echav23 Oakley Enthusiast

There's one for sale in Idaho Falls, Idaho (check craigslist)....I'd go get it, but it would be like a 14 hour round trip.

9. Jared Zeuli

Jared Zeuli Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the heads-up!

10. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Ha, nice play eh! But the cars are in mph not kph and besides, are you guys allowed to have guns up there anyways? :smile:

Yeah he did, he was actually from Anderson but stored them in Muncie. The ad that I replied to was for the bright x metal displays but he had sold them and mentioned that he had these other 2. There was one on eBay at the time that was really shabby looking and I was not impressed at first glance but he described them very well and he was right they are classy and distinctive.

You'll kick yourself in the a** if you don't go get that. If you yourself are 500 miles from Idaho Falls, what do you think the odds are that one will pop-up CLOSER? Like you live in Elko and one will just pop-up?
    Road trip...