• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can Someone Post Pics Of Original Blue Iridium Next To Ice Iridium?

tarheel7734

Oakley Expert
Texas
I would love to see a m frame with original blue iridium next to ice iridium but if not m frame than any frame will do. I really want to see the difference in the colors.

Blue Iridium has a VR28 base and Ice has a grey base so besides that, there isn't much difference when looking at them from the outside.

The old blue is pretty similar to the current blue, but it has an amber base instead of VR28 that the current version has. So it's like +Red in that it's semi trasparent.

Ice has a full coating over grey and is fully blocked out.

Are you wondering about any lens in particular? There's one on ebay listed as blue from 1989 and it's clearly a modern Ice lens.

Blue Iridium has a VR28 base and Ice has a grey base so besides that, there isn't much difference when looking at them from the outside.

Original Blue Iridium had a grey base, the current Blue Iridium is VR28 based. The older Blue Iridium has a deeper blue with violet undertones. If no one post a pic soon I will try to get one up later.

The old blue is pretty similar to the current blue, but it has an amber base instead of VR28 that the current version has. So it's like +Red in that it's semi trasparent.

Are you wondering about any lens in particular? There's one on ebay listed as blue from 1989 and it's clearly a modern Ice lens.

The older Blue is not like the current Blue. I will try and post a pic when I get home later.

I recall seeing pics of it, and the O-Review lists the old lens as an amber base at 16%, so yeah the iridium coating is going to be thicker to get the transmission to the same as the current lens, but it's still not as opaque as Ice.

Unless I'm completely mistaken, or the O-Review isn't listing the old version correctly. But if it was on a grey base with an opaque iridium coating it would be much closer to a 10% lens.

I was looking at the one on ebay but would still love to see them compared. My mumbos, gen 1 m frames are coming whit ice iridium lenses as he did not have any blue iridium and wondering if it is worth it to search for a pair of blue iridium for them.

Latest Posts

Back