• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can the iridium coating affect the base tint appearance?

Oh, and I'm surprised you didn't post a before before, how it arrived ;)

lol I didn't take a pic of that... ;)

But, for the greater audience, the story goes like this...

The day Rustpot's donated lenses arrived, I get a PM from him asking if I got them. I told him yes but I hadn't opened it yet. He responded with a cryptic "they may not look like fire at first" or something like that...

So I open it and what do I find? They'd been spray-painted a flat white, like a primer, all over both sides. I'm like, "WTF? Did he do that as a prank or something?"

But it turned out to be sprayed plastidip and it peeled off quite easily. And he didn't do it to prank me; he had been using them as an opaque backing to another set of lenses in his case - by blocking the backlight it made the iridium of the other set stand out better. Good idea...

The day Rustpot's donated lenses arrived, I get a PM from him asking if I got them. I told him yes but I hadn't opened it yet. He responded with a cryptic "they may not look like fire at first" or something like that...

So I open it and what do I find? They'd been spray-painted a flat white, like a primer, all over both sides. I'm like, "WTF? Did he do that as a prank or something?"

But it turned out to be sprayed plastidip and it peeled off quite easily. And he didn't do it to prank me; he had been using them as an opaque backing to another set of lenses in his case - by blocking the backlight it made the iridium of the other set stand out better. Good idea...
COOL! :rofl:

Take note of this douche day participants. The ultimate douche lens, high gloss white.

Back