1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. J.P.

J.P. Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I have a single 3.1 Mega Tower that came with plexi screwed in from the back. I'd like to replace it with glass but I don't see how it can be done. There are the 2 back corners that can be unscrewed to hold the glass in but then it would cover the holes where the pegs go to hold the shelves... Is my only other option to glue the glass right to the case?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Wait. Is there something wrong with the plexi that you want to swap it for glass?

3. J.P.

The plexi is pretty scuffed up and I don't own a buffer to polish it so I figured I'd replace it.

4. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Ooooooooooh.

I've never had to Replace the plexi. I've removed the white backing from mine and left the plexi there.

I believe you can have another sheet of plexi made to match.

5. J.P.

Thanks Frank, I'll give that a try! I also removed the white backing from mine but the plexi was a little tough looking still.