• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can this be saved?

Can it be fixed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol running 6 simultaneous projects at once + a full time job is getting a bit overwhelming! Loading pics shortly

Here it is. I've even made a seller's description for the owner in case they want to list it back on ebay: "an excellent used pair of X-squared in Plasma that went to hell and back. A few superficial aesthetic scars that testifies the elite durable characteristics of X-Metal. The scars would not be visible when worn and no one would notice you're wearing a previously horribly squished frame".

DSC_5205.jpg

DSC_5207 copy.jpg

DSC_5209 copy.jpg

DSC_5210 copy.jpg

DSC_5212 copy.jpg

Here it is. I've even made a seller's description for the owner in case they want to list it back on ebay: "an excellent used pair of X-squared in Plasma that went to hell and back. A few superficial aesthetic scars that testifies the elite durable characteristics of X-Metal. The scars would not be visible when worn and no one would notice you're wearing a previously horribly squished frame".

View attachment 176183

View attachment 176184

View attachment 176185

View attachment 176186

View attachment 176187

Impressive

do you foresee any issue when changing lenses?

No issues from what I've played with. Perfectly functional and perfect as a daily wear. I'll let the owner decide whether or not they'd like to refinish the frame. I personally like it as-is with the meaningful scars. There were a few places where the frame was so deformed that I can't get it back 100% in shape

Dammit. The only thing that kept me from buying those off eBay was the majority opinion of they can't be saved.

They're actually not possible to repair with the tools lying around at my home or the local garage/mechanic. And I have a lot of tools that an average Joe wouldn't have. I'd have picked these up as well if I knew there's all that cool stuff available at my friend's lab.

The process I use is extremely radical and experimental as part of our research field. I can't divulge any details due to NDA contracts, but in a nutshell it's molecular bonding. There are many ways to skin a cat and our method is just one of them :)

Back