• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can You Remember.....

Arch

Oakley Beginner
U.K.
....when you knew everything Oakley made? Coming from an 80s BMX background, I had Oakley gear to ride in and my grips. They had a couple of t-shirt designs, Frogskins came out and that was about it.

Time went by, more glasses started to come on the scene but I still knew the whole range and colour options. I was friends with a good shop and that's where I bought my first Mumbos. I'll say I lost it in the late 90s. I couldn't keep up either mentally or financially! I wanted to collect stuff as it was released but didnt earn enough to do so and I lost track of the brand. :(

Now I guess some you may have followed the brand for years, othes only recently. So can you remember when you knew all the gear? Or do you know everything now?! :eek:

One more question, why the hell aren't line breaks appearing in my text?! I didn't type it like that. :?

Ok, I edited and pasted the code in. Such a n00b!

Oakley is into so much stuff nowadays, its almost impossible to keep ontop of everything. Unless you spend your life trying to track down every t-shirt, wallet, and ski parka they make... I just stick with eyewear only, and there's lots I don't know ;)

I love the fact that i don't know about everything Oakley makes! Thats what keeps it interesting for me!

I've been wear Oakley for 24 years and I know next to nothing. I've only recently become a collector.

I bought a pair of Sub Zero's in the early 90's at the local bike store.... It was the only pair of Oakley's in the entire store. I had never heard of the brand before but the glasses were simply amazing. Later on I noticed that the same store had got more Oakley's, including the x-metals. Unfortunately, they were way out of my price range and for a longest time I lost interest. Just recently though I bought a pair of vintage M Frames and now I'm looking at x-metals again. I think I'm finally ready to become a collector.

I can recall the Sub Zeros being launched, such a bizarre design and shape at the time. I think Thomas Frischknect (sp?) rode XC MTB with them on.

Latest Posts

Back