• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can You Wear A Hat And Sunglasses At The Same Time?

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
i can't seem to wear them both. i have a fitted hat, and when i put the arms under the hat, my hat is too tight. but if i try to go over the hat, it feels like its stretching my glasses outward and they dont feel as secure on my head because their on the hat and not my head.

i recently got a jeep, and on really sunny days, i would like to have a hat to protect my head from getting burnt. but i dont feel safe with the sunglass arms on the outside of the hat, because if a gust of wind comes and takes my hat, it will most likely take my oakleys too.

i was thinking about getting the quick cap. its lightweight and adjustable. maybe i could just adjust it a little looser to accommodate for the sunglasses underneath.

Try a SnapBack or a flex fit. I like those and never have an issue with glasses and hats. Flex fits take a few days to break in but it's worth it.

I've had the same issue with sunglasses; I'm a football and softball coach and I've had to deal with it. I've found that a simple fix is to turn the hat backwards; although that's not something that I can do on the sports field because it's "tacky." So, like s3sunruh said above, Flex Fit hats are great to solve this problem.

I have more of an issue with the larger lenses fitting under the bill of my hats that I have to push the bill up a little on my head to make room for the sunglasses' lenses.

I always go under the hat.

I wear a hat with a bent bill (not flat) and can wear any of my wire models (nanowire, c wire, deviation, plantiff squared) without hitting the brim. It's a mixed bag with the others. Antix will hit, Split jackets barely hit. So like Luddy I sometimes just wear them backwards. I have to make sure I wear a hat when trying them on to know what to prepare for.

I just looked at your link to the Quick Cap.... It looks like you're going to have more issues with the lenses fitting than the ear stems. Yes, I too always go under the cap with the stems but, look at the picture of the Quick Cap closely; it fits really close to the ears and low on the forehead. So, it's not going to leave much room for larger lenses models.

I am a baseball coach, so I have to wear my hat forward. I always wear my radars over my hat, and my gascans and fuel cells both over and under depending how tight the hat is

I go under hat but I also don't wear the bro-hat with the large flat bills either. Most of the baseball style hats are this way or have the large panels that sit lower on the ear (even properly fitted) unfortunately so it takes work to find a good hat.

Totally.

hat_fail.jpg

On a serious note, I don't wear hats. If I'm offroading in the sun I'd wear a shemagh or something. Just cruising around town? Toss a bottle of sunblock in the console or get a boonie or something.

Totally.

hat_fail.jpg

On a serious note, I don't wear hats. If I'm offroading in the sun I'd wear a shemagh or something. Just cruising around town? Toss a bottle of sunblock in the console or get a boonie or something.

Look different without a beard rust! Lol

I think the Radars were made to go outside a hat (err... cycling helmet), while things like Flaks were made largely for running, and fit over a running hat.

CyclingHelmet_zps4e40411b.jpg

Not Flaks, but you get the idea...

hat_zps4a99af17.jpg

Latest Posts

Back