• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can't decide on X Squared

Funny, I'm debating the same exact question. All the talk about the poor way the XS fit for most people has me wondering about whether I'm making a mistake, though.

I'd been leaning more towards x-metal/ruby myself, but am still on the fence. I either really like ruby lenses or get annoyed by the similarity to fire depending on my mood.

Juliet or XS, the eternal question.

Easiest solution is to buy both and pick which one to wear on your mood.

I think the plasma/ice looks better but the x metal frame is more suited for daily wear.

That's weird. I think that the XS even fit my head better than my XX TiO2. I think the Plasma/Ice will be a nice addition to my collection :). But it seems like the O Vaults are getting the absolutely last shipments of glasses in bit by bit.. who knows - maybe there'll be another Romeo 2 when I get there tomorrow! :)

Easiest solution is to buy both and pick which one to wear on your mood.

I think the plasma/ice looks better but the x metal frame is more suited for daily wear.

Yeah, that's the direction I'm leaning. Budget might cause me to have to sell the pair I like least, and I'm always lazy about selling stuff. Buying is not a problem!

Probably going with plasma/ice XS, but I'm guessing I'll debate it for a while longer and if undecided buy both.

Love the X Squared. I actually have 3 Polished Sets, Polished Carbon and Plasma Ice in the X Squared. I had a chance this weekend to get a set of the Ruby X Metal Frame and passed on it. It just did not have the pop the other frames have. That being said I would go for the Plasma Ice in a hearbeat! You won't regret it. I think it would retain its value better too, but you never know. I just have not seen that combo very much at all. In fact my Plasma Ice set I bought as Plasma Fire and had to buy the Ice lenses separate to make Plasma Ice set. Good luck!!

Funny, I'm debating the same exact question. All the talk about the poor way the XS fit for most people has me wondering about whether I'm making a mistake, though.

I'd been leaning more towards x-metal/ruby myself, but am still on the fence. I either really like ruby lenses or get annoyed by the similarity to fire depending on my mood.

Juliet or XS, the eternal question.

The X Squared seem to fit better on me than the Juliet. My face is wide and they fit perfectly for me. I have heard a lot of people say that too about the X Squared. I just found they fit my big head better than the Juliet...lol I am definitely sold on the X Squared. They just don't have the same popularity as the Juliet's do it seems. I like the Juliet a lot and have a few pair of them but I wear my X Squared more often. Tough call for sure!!

Bought the Plasma/Ice Combo and I am more than happy with it! They came BNIB, never opened and just look gorgeous! Thanks for all the input! :)