• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blade lenses

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Are they difficult to replace? I have the Ferrari ones, and I tried on almost a dozen pairs today looking to find something else I might like...but everything I tried on was either too big or just didn't fit/feel right. I was hoping to get something with spring hinges, but I didn't find anything I like. The only thing with spring hinges (aside from my Pennys) that I like are the Square Wire 2.0s. I might try the Half-X. BUT...I think I will try and get my hands on an black pair of Blades with BIP lenses. I saw a pair of lenses for sale and thought about just replacing the lenses in the Ferrari frame that I have, but I think that's going to be a pain in the but every time I want to wear red for driving, than black for when I need to get dressed up. If they are quick and easy to replace, I'll just get the lenses...but if not, I'll try and get a new set all together. I got the Ferrari ones for $140...I could have got the black ones for $120, but I don't see them available for so low anymore. So get replacement lenses...or spend the extra money and get a new pair? I don't see replacement lenses for sale on the O site, can you buy replacement lenses for the Blade, or do they have to be sent back? Thanks!

No, the lenses are not the easiest to change. If you want one for driving and one for dressing up, then just buy the second pair for dressing up. You get dressed up a lot? Man I love playing dress up. This one time I was in H&M with my girl and she was trying on some swimsuits for the summer season that was quickly approaching, when she peeked her head out from the curtain they had to block all the creeps from peeping her goodies to tell me to come and help her pick out the right one. I told her the polka dotted one was sexy, as well as the teal cause she got some beautiful Emerald eyes like two vast oceans that I get lost in everytime I look at her, but I told her my favorite of the bunch was the nude colored one. If you feel me... Yeah. H&M dressing rooms man. Dress up is so tight.

Also, don't even bother with the Half X.

LOL...you crack me up man. I heard a lot more bad than good about the Half-X. I wish I could see a pair up close, I like the fact that it's metal, light, and has spring hinges. Very few people here like them. I guess I'll probably end up getting another pair of Blades. I just don't think I'll find them for $120. I can get them BNIB for $180, but they have the grey polar lenses, not the black. I'd rather have the black. I'm going to follow eBay for a little while and see if I can get lucky there. Does anyone know where I can score a pair of Blades for a decent price? I got the Ferrari ones on eBay for $140...I thought they would be fake, but my O store looked at them and said they were legit. Case and all. I really like how light they are, and they are one of the few new glasses that fit me right, aside form the Half Jackets....but I don't like the thick frames for when playing "dress up" lol. I much prefer a thinner frame like the Square Wire 2.0s that I wear when I have to throw a suit on. Can't believe I found the Ferrari Blades for $140 when Oakley sells them for $500!! Not sure how that is possible, I keep trying to find a place that has them discounted like that...but no luck thus far. Anyone have any suggestions? The black ones I think are around $400-$420 or something like that...plus tax if I get them from my O store. Thoughts?

Not the easiest to see but the two pictures I have right now of the Half X and Carbon Blade.
_20150925_090815.JPG
_20150925_090834.JPG

Nice! Two Ferrari Blades! The Blade looks to have a higher lens, I like that because I like lenses that are not as "high". A lot of people talk smack about the Half-X, but the one pictured on the bottom looks real nice. For some reason, the lenses look shorter/smaller than the one on the top. Can you tell me if the Half X lenses are higher or shorter than the Blade? Thanks so much for sharing. I am so mad at myself for not getting more Blades when I was able to get them for $120 and $140 BNIB. Ugh...

Nice! Two Ferrari Blades! The Blade looks to have a higher lens, I like that because I like lenses that are not as "high". A lot of people talk smack about the Half-X, but the one pictured on the bottom looks real nice. For some reason, the lenses look shorter/smaller than the one on the top. Can you tell me if the Half X lenses are higher or shorter than the Blade? Thanks so much for sharing. I am so mad at myself for not getting more Blades when I was able to get them for $120 and $140 BNIB. Ugh...
I don't have them with me to confirm measurements. I am going to guess that with the adjustable nose pieces on the Carbon Blades the lenses can be situated to be higher or shorter than the Half X which does not have any movement in the nose piece.

OEM carbon blade lens sometime show up on ebay, that only place your going find OEM oakley lens. There might be one aftermarket company that make lens for them. Or there might be someone on the forum that might be able to custom cut the lens for you.

I heard it really easy to strip the screws that are holding the lens in. Good luck with whatever you do.

Latest Posts

Back