• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blade Prices Goes Up

I went into a Vault yesterday and saw that they had all of the Carbon Blades priced at 400 dollars, except the Ferrari which was at 450. What's weird, though, is that you can get the Carbon Blades on the official Oakley site for 350. Doesn't make sense that they'd be more expensive at the Vault.
The Oakley website now only lists "Carbon Fiber" as the color for all the Carbon Blade frames. I saw an older post that said the Matte Finish was going away. The pictures on the website all have the same polished look now.
Are you still seeing both Matte and Polished versions at the Oakley stores?

A small non-Oakley store in my town just got the new Pirzm version in... with a Matte Finished Frame for $370.

The Oakley website now only lists "Carbon Fiber" as the color for all the Carbon Blade frames. I saw an older post that said the Matte Finish was going away. The pictures on the website all have the same polished look now.
Are you still seeing both Matte and Polished versions at the Oakley stores?

A small non-Oakley store in my town just got the new Pirzm version in... with a Matte Finished Frame for $370.
That's nuts. What's up with the inconsistency?

I spoke with a woman in the warranty department a while back after the new website was up and running and was told that the original matte frames were still matte, but showed up as polished in the pictures. I haven't bought any after that to confirm, but I much prefer the polished to the matte, as it brings out the carbon fiber better.

Are Carbon Blades being discontinued?

Correct me if I'm wrong but they don't appear anywhere on the Oakley website any more.

I don't think so. They most likely got wiped out with the online friends and family event.

I don't think so. They most likely got wiped out with the online friends and family event.

Yeah, I called Oakley and they said the Carbon Blade pages were removed and being "updated", but not being discontinued.

Yeah, I called Oakley and they said the Carbon Blade pages were removed and being "updated", but not being discontinued.

They were missing from the website for a couple days but now they're all back...
All at the higher prices again.

Yeah they al went up to 400 except the Prizm which is 420, and the Ferrari which is now a whopping 500.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427460977.468205.jpg

Back