• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blade Version 2.0?

GH4AU

Carbon Fanatic
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The South
Has anyone noticed that the Carbon Blade offerings have changed?
1. All of the frames look to be polished now and are all labeled "carbon fiber" on Oakley's website. There are no matte carbon offerings.
2. Mirrored lenses are not offered anymore. They are all Iridium Polarized.

The Ice Iridium looks amazing from the picture compared to the Ice Mirrored Iridium that is on the first version, and I want to get my hands on it. I actually prefer the polished carbon frame to the matte, and have wanted one with blue accents since the initial Carbon Blade release. Actually, I wish my whole collection of Carbon Blades had polished carbon frames. Has anyone seen or acquired any of these version 2.0 Carbon Blades? If so, what do you think of them compared to the original version?

I'm thinking it's just the site/display error. While they look more like live pictures now, I'm pretty sure it's still virtual with a more advanced program, and accent pieces and lenses merely color edited.

It is possible that all frames are now offered in a gloss finish, but that's more like a "0.1" version update.:p I'd think a full "2.0" release had a significant revision to address the misalignment and integrity issues.

I think Ventrick is correct. The new web site has illustrated polished frames on all CB models, which isn't actually the case.

I spoke with the good folks over at Oakley, and they have in fact made some changes to the Carbon Blade line. All of the Carbon Blades that are being shipped out now have polished carbon frames. Now I need more Carbon Blades! The lenses are apparently still the same. Anyone want some matte carbon frames???

I spoke with the good folks over at Oakley, and they have in fact made some changes to the Carbon Blade line. All of the Carbon Blades that are being shipped out now have polished carbon frames. Now I need more Carbon Blades! The lenses are apparently still the same. Anyone want some matte carbon frames???

Any idea what the other changes are? You might want to hold onto those matte frames though because they might just get rarer over time.

Back